cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account activation not working

Minal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I had public mobile plan from last 3 years and i lost my sim card during holidays so bought new sim and I acivated my sim card and ragistered for new number but it still says my plan is not active. It's been more than 10hours and still waiting on my phone to work. I received email saying my account balance is $30 but dont have calling or text access.
I do appreciate if some one can help me and reactivate my old plan insted me going with new number and plan.
Can not even sign in to my new account.
Please help...
7 REPLIES 7

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Samianauman  Thanks Robot Happy

Awesome job sdo8 such a beauty the way u explain nice new simple keep up the qood work bro
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08

@Minal

90 days from Jan 3 would be Apr 3. I believe expired accounts are actually removed on the 90th day, so you're right at the deadline to reactivate this if your previous plan was a promotional or grandfathered plan, or if your previous phone number was important for you to keep. Best thing to send a private message to a moderator ASAP like I mentioned. To make it as easy as possible for the mods to sort out what's what, I recommend you be as clearly detailed as possible in your description and include as much account identifying info as possible such as SIM card number, e-mail, phone number, name, etc. (for both old and new account if you've created another one). Maybe include a link to this thread for good measure.

Since time is short, and moderators prefer to communicate by private message, it's best to make sure e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages are turned on for your community account. To do this, in the upper-right corner of your community account, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger. There will be a checkbox next to "Receive email notifications for new private messages," which you should toggle on. Be sure to click save after making the change.

I'll also tag a mod for you. @Shazia_K

Greg1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Look for an email with the subject "Your Public Mobile Activation Details".  That should have come when you registered either account.  The details of that email, like checking the exact email address it was sent to, should help you either log in, or use the password reset link. 

Minal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, my old plans payment date was 3 jan 2017 but i did not continue as i was going on holiday for two month. Also about new plan it shows that i have $30 public mobile balance and it's been taken from my credit card so why should i go through system again and pay for another plan.

SD08

Some points about what you described:
1) If you've let your old plan expire and it has been more than 90 days since the expiration, then your old account, plan and phone number would already be lost.

2) If you simply lost your SIM card and your account has not been expired more than 90 days, then when you get a new SIM, you should simply reactivate the old account by making sufficient payment and then go into your PM self-serve account and replace the SIM. To do this, go to Plan & Add-on -> Change SIM.

However, looks like you've complicated the situation by activating your new SIM on a new plan. Perhaps the moderators can still do something for you.
You should send them a private message with your problem details and your SIM card number.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
They should be back at 9am EST tomorrow.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Minal, how long has it been since your plan has been inactive?  You can only be inactive for 90 days after that you lose your plan and your number.  Are you able to login to the selfselve?  If it shows $30 in available funds you can try and add the plan again and it will take the money from your available funds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.