Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User

asmipinki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated new service with new sim.

1. how to check my data usage regularly

2. I thought I activated $25 service which includes canada wide calling. but when I make a local call I get prompt of long distance charges may apply

3. how do i keep checking my account regularly so that I do not have to pay anything extra

8 REPLIES 8

@asmipinki  It may help when you have time to edit your contacts and add the (1) to their numbers so you won't continue to get that message. I had to do the same after I switched to pm because I had the (1) purposely omitted so as to not accidently incur long distance charges. Luckily here at public mobile that can't happen. There are no extra charges!

@asmipinki wrote:

Activated new service of $25 which said unlimited canada wide calling and data. But when I call a local number it gives me prompt that long distance charges apply. 

How do I regularly check my usage and data usage

You have a plan that includes Unlimited Canada wide calling. Just ignore that message...you won't be billed anything for your calls to anywhere in Canada as long as your call originates in Canada. If you're outside of Canada, you'd need a 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data add-on.

As long as you're in Canada...you're golden.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is an unofficial app Data witness PM.  Also you can log into your self serve account and see your usage.

Does the call go through? If yes

You can ignore it.

If you don't want to hear it dial 1 before

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Login into the self-serve to see the accurate data usage and make sure they aren't charging you twice it's happened before with users. Make sure to restrict apps data usage to make it last awhile.

asmipinki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated new service of $25 which said unlimited canada wide calling and data. But when I call a local number it gives me prompt that long distance charges apply. 

How do I regularly check my usage and data usage

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@asmipinki wrote:

Activated new service with new sim.

1. how to check my data usage regularly

2. I thought I activated $25 service which includes canada wide calling. but when I make a local call I get prompt of long distance charges may apply

3. how do i keep checking my account regularly so that I do not have to pay anything extra

1. a fellow customer some time ago wrote an app called Data Witness.

2. either ignore the message or add a 1 in front

3. there are no extra charges here - it's prepaid

Need Help? Let's chat.