cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan Activation

nbattel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just set up a new phone plan with Public Mobile and said I wanted to transfer my old number, however, I have changed my mind and instead declined my number transfer. How can I access my new Public Mobile Account to setup a new number?

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nbattel wrote:

I just set up a new phone plan with Public Mobile and said I wanted to transfer my old number, however, I have changed my mind and instead declined my number transfer. How can I access my new Public Mobile Account to setup a new number?

Declined the change... Do you mean your older provider send you and SMS and ask if you want to port the number to PM and you didn't reply with a yes?

If so, your number was not ported into PM yet.. 

If you really meant you want to Pick a new number again instead of using the one assigned to you when you first setup PM, logon to your PM account, at the Overview Tab, My Profile on the right, there is an option to Change Number:

softech_0-1608707686156.png

If your old number has been ported in but you would rather have a new number... you can change your number any time but only once every 30 days. So 30 days from now you can do it.

AE_Collector

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@nbattel If you already accepted to transfer your number and its been processed, you will have to reverse the action and port your number out or lose the old number to get a new one. If you did not accepted to port in your old number either by a text message or from activation options, you should be able to pick a new number. Please clarify what exactly you have done so far. 

@nbattel wrote:

What do you mean by declined it? Do you mean that you responded "no" to the text message that the original carrier sent you? If so, you can log into your account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca to change your phone number. Click on the Plans&Add-ons tab near the top and then on Change Phone Number.  

Be sure to only do this if you know for sure that the number transfer isn't going to happen. Otherwise, what could happen would be that the number transfer could get finalized without you realizing that, but then by changing the number, the ported phone number gets lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.