cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to release my telephone number to be ported to another provider

RJROA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PublicMobile you have been a great service and I would stay with you guys.  If I get another cellphone requirement or friends ask, I wil always recommend you guys. : )

However, my work is now providing me with a new telephone and I must use their cellphone service provider, and I need to port over my (wife's) telephone number to their service provider (Bell).  Bell is saying they are getting error when doing so and that Public Mobile must "release" the telephone number.  Where in the selfserve do I do this or can someone help how to go about this?

4 REPLIES 4

RJROA

TY. I will try this 2nd (account wasn't active). Appreciated

RJROA

TY. I will try this first. Appreciated

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@RJROA If your account IS active then there was a problem with the port. You shouldn't need to contact PM, it should be up to Bell, but if you do you can contact the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@RJROA wrote:

PublicMobile you have been a great service and I would stay with you guys.  If I get another cellphone requirement or friends ask, I wil always recommend you guys. : )

However, my work is now providing me with a new telephone and I must use their cellphone service provider, and I need to port over my (wife's) telephone number to their service provider (Bell).  Bell is saying they are getting error when doing so and that Public Mobile must "release" the telephone number.  Where in the selfserve do I do this or can someone help how to go about this?

@RJROAIs the account still active? The account must be active and in good standing to port out. If the account is suspended/expired you will need to re-activate it to port out. If your account is suspended but not terminated (suspension less than 90 days), you can simply purchase a basic $10 plan to make it active so the porting function can be allowed.

Need Help? Let's chat.