cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to port my daughters # from my account to her own PM account

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My daughters phone # is under my name and she needs to port it to her own PM account. 

On the port request, do I put her info (new PM account in her name) or my info (existing account being ported) in the first name/ address fields ?

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Your OP "felt" like a PM-to-PM move...it was not clear to me. Apparently not to another well established regular here too. I guess you could have written more clearly with all the salient facts rather than leaving ambiguity.

@Klane not to pile on here, but I read your original post exactly the same way @Anonymous did and thought you were asking about a PM->PM number port.  I would have replied the same way they did, if I had been on the community before you subsequently clarified the ask. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klane wrote:

@Anonymous she is already a customer, just no service from PM... seemed clear that she already has a temp #.

Also you assumed my account meant PM to PM when really it meant an account in my name, guess that's why you shouldn't assume. 

Everyone know you cannot port a number to the same carrier, that applies to all carriers... by definition not a port just an account holder change.

That is the reason for the discussion of the unacceptable slow response time for support.

There seems to be a lot you dont know, now you do 🙂

Your OP "felt" like a PM-to-PM move...it was not clear to me. Apparently not to another well established regular here too. I guess you could have written more clearly with all the salient facts rather than leaving ambiguity.

I didn't assume openly. It's why I didn't reply to your post.

By the number of times the question comes up, I'd say not everybody knows this detail. Who's assuming things?

I don't pretend to know everything. Open to being corrected. Happy to learn.

Jushawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sign her up in her name ,and use her email ( don’t forget the referral reward ). You then get to the port your number screen. Fill I. The account number ( from your old provider ) and the name on that account. Power down the phone and just wait till it then allows you to pick your new plan .. pick the plan and fill in the payment area and your good to go. The porting processing time can be short or long, just don’t interrupt it process. Also it might say an error has occurred! Don’t be discouraged , just redo the process the second time and it will probably go right through !! Best of luck.  I actually did this last night as my phone and my wife’s phone were under the same account number 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Klane wrote:

@Anonymous she is already a customer, just no service from PM... seemed clear that she already has a temp #.

Also you assumed my account meant PM to PM when really it meant an account in my name, guess that's why you shouldn't assume. 

Everyone know you cannot port a number to the same carrier, that applies to all carriers... by definition not a port just an account holder change.

That is the reason for the discussion of the unacceptable slow response time for support.

Sorry. I have to agree with @Anonymous on all points here

Klane

@Klane wrote:

My daughters phone # is under my name and she needs to port it to her own PM account. 

On the port request, do I put her info (new PM account in her name) or my info (existing account being ported) in the first name/ address fields ?

The new Public Mobile account can be under anyone's name.

For the porting request, you must enter your name.  It's the name on the originating carrier's account that matters when it comes to the number portability form.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

@Klane  Who is the provider that the number needs to be ported from? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:
@KlaneYou can't port numbers between PM accounts. You may be able to change the name on the account to hers instead, it may require the moderators.

@Alex888 

I totally thought he was asking about porting between two PM accounts. I don't know how mimmo divined that out of that OP.

@Klane: Interesting that after all the negative comments in your other thread that you're bringing another customer in.

Klane

@mimmo wrote:

@Klane   activate a new pm account( assuming you have not done this yet) and use her info.  get pm assiigned number.  once activated and all works sign into selfserve and  start a port.

use the  account name and number that is on your account when  entering in the porting info, no need for pin or IMEI.  if all goes wel it shoudl be less than a couple hour. 

I thought this would be the case, ie they are asking for the old account info because the request to port is from her new PM account and they know her info.... what through me off os it says at the top of the request it must match billing info and as well it asks for the old account holders name at the bottom as if I didn't just provide it in the first 3 lines.... that's why I am unsure if it's my info or hers

Klane

@Alex888 wrote:
@KlaneYou can't port numbers between PM accounts. You may be able to change the name on the account to hers instead, it may require the moderators.

Her # is not with PM yet, try to bring it over... she has a temp PM #

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Klane   activate a new pm account( assuming you have not done this yet) and use her info.  get pm assiigned number.  once activated and all works sign into selfserve and  start a port.

use the  account name and number that is on your account when  entering in the porting info, no need for pin or IMEI.  if all goes wel it shoudl be less than a couple hour. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Klane You can't port numbers between PM accounts. You may be able to change the name on the account to hers instead, it may require the moderators.
Need Help? Let's chat.