cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change password, Can't contact mods

asajiasbdjhuqwe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM community,

I need my password changed on my account but it won't send me the change password e-mail. I tried contacting the mods for help but none of them reply. How can I fix this on my own? Apparently the mods aren't interested in helping me.

Thanks,

Alex

22 REPLIES 22

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg @No I have not tried it, just heard about it yesterday from a post. @. 1.01 savings isn't that bad especially if you don't need to drive/walk)take bus  to a store. 

@mimmo have you tried recharge.com? I did it on Tuesday, but only saved $1.01 after the fee they charge and the exchange rates (the costs change each day).

mimmo

You can also get them from the comfort of your house. Checkout recharge.com

@Salmonlips I agree that PM should have that advertised, that it could take up to 48 hours (or longer in some cases unfortunately) to address any issues you may be having. That being said, a lot of people don't do their due diligence in researching PM before jumping ship. Many people see the lower prices and immediately switch thinking it's like all of the other cell providers. There are both bonuses and limitations to PM's service model, but I think it's best suited to the DIY types out there.

@asajiasbdjhuqwe either through the self-serve or by calling *611. I haven't tried phoning yet, but @srlawren, one of the oracles here, says it should work fine... so yes, you can bypass self-serve at least for topping up your account.

As a side note... make sure you have autopay set up anyway to save that extra $2 every 30 days. If you regularly top-up manually, you won't need autopay to charge the card you have set up with it.

@Parinan wrote:

How do you get a voucher?

There are a variety of places you can buy PM vouchers... usually gas stations. A lot of people on here claim that Canadian Tire gas bars are the best place to buy them. There's even one of the oracles here @will13am who buys CT gift cards when they're 10% off, and then buys his payment vouchers that way. You end up getting a receipt printed with a code you enter in the self-serve system. You can also call *611 on your phone and apply it that way.

asajiasbdjhuqwe

So if I buy one of these i won't need to go through my selfserve account?

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here's some discussion about where to buy vouchers, a bunch of retailers carry them: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Updated-List-of-stores-that-s...

asajiasbdjhuqwe

I would also like to know this, hopefully it doesn't involve using this website.

Parinan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you get a voucher?

asajiasbdjhuqwe

I need to switch my credit card info.

mimmo

@asajiasbdjhuqwe  other than the lost password what is the issue?  service is suspended/ no funds?  if so you should still be able to access 611 from your phone and you could top up using a voucher.

popping

@asajiasbdjhuqwe wrote:

Hopefully I get a reply soon, I wish they had some approximate hold time or something.

It would be nice to get number of requests ahead of you at the time your private message was sent.  The wait will be long if the number of requests ahead of you is large.

asajiasbdjhuqwe

Hopefully I get a reply soon, I wish they had some approximate hold time or something.

Salmonlips

i am one of those new customers who came in from the promos and let me tell you i had an issue regarding a port that i started panicking about (port took nearly 48 hours) i maaay have written the mods more times than i should have but in the end they did get back to me (2 different ones) and they did end up solving my issues.

that being said, there should be a disclaimer along with PM that some of these higher powered issues that can't be solved by the community, could take longer than what you're normally used to for solving problems.

i think that's supposed to be where the price savings come in

asajiasbdjhuqwe

No kidding. I don't see how they can realistically attend to anyone's needs if they are this backed up. I really hope I get a reply aoon because I need a working phone. I'm worried at this rate I'm going to have to head into the mall today and set up a new phone plan.

Parinan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Me too - I'm desperate to have $$ applied to my account because I am out of data. I've emailed them several times since yesterday noon - 48 hours is simply too long to wait! I guess you get what you pay for...

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It is because there were promotions going on over the past few weeks, which caused an influx of new customers, which also means more issues temporarily for them to handle. 

@asajiasbdjhuqwe wrote:

Why is it taking so long? Last time they got back to me nearly instantly, this time I've been waiting since yesterday. The bot also says every time I check the wait time that they will respond to me within a couple hours, yet still nothing.

Thanks

Alex

They could be busier that they usually are.  It is a first come first served so they will get to you in order of how your message was received.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

asajiasbdjhuqwe

Why is it taking so long? Last time they got back to me nearly instantly, this time I've been waiting since yesterday. The bot also says every time I check the wait time that they will respond to me within a couple hours, yet still nothing.

Thanks

Alex

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The mods' official response time is within 48 hours, though they're usually faster than that. My guess is you'll get a response within a day.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@asajiasbdjhuqwe wrote:

Hello PM community,

I need my password changed on my account but it won't send me the change password e-mail. I tried contacting the mods for help but none of them reply. How can I fix this on my own? Apparently the mods aren't interested in helping me.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex, the mods will get to you.  They act on issues as they are received and you may have to wait awhile.  That is all you can do now is wait for their reply.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.