cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

Adjo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have made and account on behalf of my mother as she has no service on her phone. Due to this I am unable to make an account for her as she is unable to revive a confirmation code. Need help from active moderator 

17 REPLIES 17

funnyperson123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my son would like too put his phone bill on a separate account.  i pay all 3 on my mastercard so how do i go about changing this

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AdjoNo Service is in No bars / no Public Mobile displayed on her phone? Or have bars but no service? Have you checked her account (via selfserve) to make sure autopay didn't fail? (it happens). Public Mobile is cheap because it is DIY when it comes to support.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Adjo wrote:

@hycm53 

Bro you saved my moms world lol that worked...much obliged 

I'm glad I can help your mom out.

Adjo

@hycm53 

Bro you saved my moms world lol that worked...much obliged 

Adjo

What I mean is they have no service. My mother has been with public for the last two years with no issues and her payment are automatically taken from her account and she has already paid for this month.  This no service issue has been going on for about a week now.

@Adjo wrote:

It turns out that my mother is not the only having issues, there are numerous people around the area that are also experiencing these problems 

It is unclear what you precisely mean by "these problems". The Community has suggested two ideas:

a) Your mom's last payment for service exceeds 120 days. In this case, as suggested, her account and phone number have been deleted and you will need to activate a new account for her. 

b) Your mom activated service in a store but never created her self serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/. In this situation, contact the moderators as already suggested.

Does she have a different problem? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Adjo

It turns out that my mother is not the only having issues, there are numerous people around the area that are also experiencing these problems 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Adjo wrote:

Have made and account on behalf of my mother as she has no service on her phone. Due to this I am unable to make an account for her as she is unable to revive a confirmation code. Need help from active moderator 

While waiting for a busy moderator...what type of phone is it ? Did you get a Public Mobile sim card yet ? Did you use the Public Mobile phone compatability tool to see if it'd work here ? Is this a new CDN phone or did you have it activated with a different cell provider previously ? More info would really help to get you up and running.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Adjo wrote:

I have but says last active in April 

If her account suspended or she didn't pay for her service more than 90 days, then her SIM no longer work, that's why no service on her phone. The only thing she can do is to get new SIM and activate her service again.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RossN wrote:

@Adjo ok that means you have to start over you have been inactive/suspended 90 days you need a new sim and new account plus new email

this is correct. if the account has not been in use for over 90 days it is deactivated by Public Mobile. If this is the case for you, you would need to buy a new SIM card and set up a new account for your mother. I reccommend this time connecting an email to it right away so you can easily manage the account for her.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If the account has been inactive for over 90 days then you would need a new sim and register for a new account with a different email.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You will need to private message a moderator. Explain the situation and they will help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep in mind it might take up to 48 hours to get a response, as they can be quite busy. To speed up the process, include the name on the account, phone number of the account, etc.

Current moderator hours are:
Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Adjo ok that means you have to start over you have been inactive/suspended 90 days you need a new sim and new account plus new email

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Adjo wrote:

First power off her phone and take out SIM, waiting 15 minutes or more then put SIM back and power on phone. If doesn't work try reset net working. 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The link that was provided will send will message to moderator team. They will then assign your issue to someone. 

Adjo

I have but says last active in April 

RossN
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.