cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help porting number over. Does not work

VoltZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I need help porting my existing number over to Public Mobile.  I am porting an existing number from another pre-paid service, Speakout 7 eleven.  I filled in to the change number form from the self serve, and it asked for existing number to port over.  I entered this information and submitted, and it says the number port was successfully. 

Using the new public mobile SIM, it shows the number has been ported over.  I can make outgoing calls and it shows the correct number.  However, it cannot receive calls from the said ported over phone number.  

Just now, I received a text from Public Mobile saying: 

Public Mobile here:  To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider.  Thanks.

I cannot find the SIM & Activation online form as there is no "contact us" button.  Please help!

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

canoehead24

I have ported 4 telus pay & talk lines over to Public mobile this year.  All the phone number transfer requests were at time of online activation.

The first 3 lines the change was instant without any issue. (Jan-Feb 2019)

The most recent phone number switch to public mobile did not go thru this weekend.

I am still awaiting private moderator response/resolution.

My public mobile account shows active status and displays the phone number to be transfered.  The sim on phone shows unregistered and does not accept incoming text or calls.

My old telus sim remains active with same phone number while I await the number port.

Interesting to note that on the telus account page there is option under devices to check "number transfer status".  When selected an error message appears " unfortunately we are not able to process this request at this time"

Not sure what has changed.  Both public mobile and Telus did have system maintenance shutdowns this weekend.  

Hopefully, the moderators can confirm or deny if there is a higher then usual number of transfer failures recently.  And if so which carriers...

@VoltZ 

As stated above, you will need to contact moderator. 

You will need to include the following information to moderator to port from Speakout:

1. Speakout PIN (call speakout customer service if you forgot it)

2. IMEI of the last device connected to your speakout SIM

osprey828

I have the same issues,

I am not sure what went wrong during the porting process.  I contacted a MOD regarding the issue.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@VoltZThat sounds like an incomplete port, you will need to contact a moderator, You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.