cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Account number

rasiah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone sim is not working properly, I need to change the sim, but I really want to keep this number. I forgot the password for my account and I don't know how I am supposed to get it. I don't even remember the security question because it has been a very long time. I went and asked to change for a new sim, but they weren't able to help me. I don't know what else I can do. I went and asked at a few stores and they all needed the account number. I don't know where to find that either. If anyone can help me please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@rasiah wrote:

My phone sim is not working properly, I need to change the sim, but I really want to keep this number. I forgot the password for my account and I don't know how I am supposed to get it. I don't even remember the security question because it has been a very long time. I went and asked to change for a new sim, but they weren't able to help me. I don't know what else I can do. I went and asked at a few stores and they all needed the account number. I don't know where to find that either. If anyone can help me please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

@rasiah why do you think it is the sim card that is not working properly?  Changing sim card does not affect your phone number.  To change your password, you would need the email address which is your username.  As for the security question, Public Mobile gives you your security question.. all you have to do is give the answer.  It is something personal, so you should know the answer.  They will have to confirm your email address.  Stores cannot help you with this, as they do not have access to your account.

As already suggested above, if you are still having problems, get in touch with a moderator using the links above.  

Have you tried the “Forgot the password” option. I assume you would know what email you used. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rasiah  How did you come to the conclusion that you need to change your sim? What was the issue with your current sim?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rasiah wrote:

You can keep the number if it's still active or suspended. A store can't help you. You'll need access to your self-serve account.

What "is not working properly"? Can you call in/out? Text in/out? Browse web sites? Call 611?

@rasiah wrote:

Stores cannot help with existing accounts.  If they were asking for account number, they were going to activate a new account at a different carrier and port your phone number there. Did any of them tell you that they were going to do that?

As for if you're porting your phone number out, that is one way to keep your phone number, but you don't need your Public Mobile account number to do that. The IMEI of your device will do.  This would be drastic though and it would be much easier to have the password reset. Only the moderators can do that for you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rasiah wrote:

Create a moderator support ticket for help using using the ? button at the bottom right corner of this page.
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - use "forget password and answer to security question" to get SIMon to let you create a support ticket.

After getting your password, login to your account.  Your account number is at top right location.

Need Help? Let's chat.