cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name from Notification Message not same as my registered name in my profile

amyskchan13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got notification message from SMS, it did not use my registered account name, why? how can I have it corrected. No where in my profile (self serve) I found the name being used in SMS message.

Please help. It is a puzzle and I do not understand. 

5 REPLIES 5

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@amyskchan13 wrote:

I got notification message from SMS, it did not use my registered account name, why? how can I have it corrected. No where in my profile (self serve) I found the name being used in SMS message.

Please help. It is a puzzle and I do not understand. 

@amyskchan13   What number did you get the message from?  Perhaps the text message was sent out in error but as general rule of thumb don't click on any links or open any MMS if you don't recognize the number just as a precaution.

If you are concerned about the text or name issue, you can ask the moderators for an explanation by either submitting a ticket with chatbot SIMon ? mark bottom right of the screen or private messaging Moderator_Team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However, if everything is working with your phone and your account details haven't changed, you probably don't need to do anything further and can just disregard/delete the text message you received if it's not relevant.

Just as FYI for everyone on this thread, PM hasn't normally sent out texts addressing customers with their profile name in their account or not ones I had received until recently.  However, I can confirm that, for some odd reason, they did do that recently with texts from 5198 which were received on two household accounts for their recent promotion offer of $20 RAF sent out to accounts with few or no referrals. 

I have to admit I wasn't really happy that PM decided to use the account names in those texts.  I did delete those texts once the promotion offer had expired, but IMO it wasn't necessary for any names to be included.  Luckily the names on the account were changed awhile back after reading suggestions from other users here, but still it shouldn't have happened and hopefully PM won't be doing it again.  JMO.

I just scrolled back through a bunch of PM Text Messages. None of them started out with Hello Terry or anything like that, not even the more personalized ones referring to my renewal having just been completed along with an itemized list of My Rewards used in the renewal. So I am inclined to think that your messages are NOT from PM.  

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@amyskchan13 

Who sent you the sms it may be from another service like Google

How long do you have that number?

I'm apparently on people's WhatsApp though I don't use it. Some kid used it before and his picture is still there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @amyskchan13 ,

What was the message? Are you able to provide the message, but block out any personal info (name, number,etc.)?

Are you sure it was from Public Mobile?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What is the SMS you received? Never heard of your name being texted to you. Besides the name on your account can be a anything as PM is prepaid. You could put Santa if you really wanted to.

So what kind of SMS did you received and from what number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.