cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE FOR A WEEK

TammyP2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I swiched my cellphone number online on PM website (from Telus Landline) on December 30th. Sent a message on Tuesday to PM and recieved a message on Thursday from PM asking for more info on my account and advising me to contact Telus as I was porting from them. Contacted Telus, everything was been completed and should be no problem. Since last Sunday, I have not had any cellphone service with PM with my previous PM number and the number I want switched to. When I call the Telus number it says - 6UV1 - the number you have reached is not in service & 1B1 the client you are trying to reach is not available try again later.

Any suggestions? I have restarted the phone multiple times. Or be patient and go another week without PM service hoping someone will get back to me?

39 REPLIES 39

TammyP2018

Thank you for the info - NOT my experience at all -lol

I have written to the Moderators 3x on Thursday and have not received a response.

Maybe I will send another, but I read somewhere the more you write, the more delay 😞

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TammyP2018

This is the experience of a member of my family when she ported a land-line number to PM.

1. The PM number started dialing out right away with the new ported number but could not receive any calls.

2. The ported land-line continued to operate normally without any disturbance (as it always was) for about 7 days.

3. After about 7 days, the land-line number stopped functioning completely and the PM number started to work both for dial-in and dial-out with the new ported number.

Compare your experience with the one narrated above and if you are experiencing anomalies, write directly to moderators by clicking here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TammyP2018, That would just complicate things.  Better to just give it a bit more time.

TammyP2018

I was wondering if I should get a new SIM card & refer myself on a new account or will that just complicate matters?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mod response times are several days at the moment, speaking from experience 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TammyP2018, The PM number should not stop working.  Something is not right...

TammyP2018

Yes, I have an open message and sent a message on Thursday. I understand it could take a week, but I didn't think the PM number would stop immediatey and I would have no service for a week on both numbers.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TammyP2018

Unfortunately, you may need to wait longer.  It must be frustrating.  Maybe contact moderator again with an update on what you have done so far.  

Porting from landlines take much longer even without any issues with porting (several days up to one week).  If you have issues with port, might be longer.  Porting issues can only be dealt with by the moderators.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TammyP2018, Porting from a land line can take a while.  However, it sounds like there might be some hangup.  Do you have an open request with the PM moderators?  If so, I would send a follow up.  If not, create one.

Need Help? Let's chat.