cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE FOR A WEEK

TammyP2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I swiched my cellphone number online on PM website (from Telus Landline) on December 30th. Sent a message on Tuesday to PM and recieved a message on Thursday from PM asking for more info on my account and advising me to contact Telus as I was porting from them. Contacted Telus, everything was been completed and should be no problem. Since last Sunday, I have not had any cellphone service with PM with my previous PM number and the number I want switched to. When I call the Telus number it says - 6UV1 - the number you have reached is not in service & 1B1 the client you are trying to reach is not available try again later.

Any suggestions? I have restarted the phone multiple times. Or be patient and go another week without PM service hoping someone will get back to me?

39 REPLIES 39

Go ahead @TammyP2018 with the moderator-team!!!!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Tammy, 

I sent you a message yesterday but never got an answer. Looks like you actually opened a brand new conversation on the side with another agent. 

I sent you yesterday at  1:19 PM ET.

Please verify

Thank you

TammyP2018

Yes someone got back to me and now my text messaging started working yesterday. Only took 3 weeks.

And then a different person contacted me and told me to register a new account. (My account was disabled last week by PM while they worked on fixing my cellphone number) 

Why would I register for a new account if I already had an existing one with a credit balance? Will I end up with 2 accounts with autopay? I had a withdrawal already from my credit card that shouldn’t have happened. 

This is is not a productive way to do business. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @TammyP2018,

Sorry to read about your service issue. Please rest assured that we'll do the best to make sure that you get the service you subscribed for. I can see that you're already getting assistance from a colleague, please keep an eye on your inbox for the updates.

Thank you for your understanding, and your patience!

Best,

Aïssata

If you did it in your message so you have to wait... @TammyP2018

Ok....You need to explain the more info as possible in your message...what you have already try...what did you do.... @TammyP2018

TammyP2018

Thanks I have - I put in a complaint earlier today as this is unreasonable.

I just got a message to reboot my phone (which I have done numberous times). Seems to be their answer to everything and then they don't answer the other questions. Maybe next week they respond to my response that I did reboot my phone. One question and one non answer answer a week seems to be the quality service I am getting from the Mods.

That's not a funny story @TammyP2018 Write a message to the mods envelop private message with phone and nip and your problem. And wait for an answer or if youwrite another message you will wait longer... @CS_Agent it's something for you!!!!

TammyP2018

I sent a message last week and 2 days ago. No response.

Should I complain to my credit card company that they are taking erroneous payments? At this point I just want to cancel and move to another company once my credit ran out, but it is never going to run out if they keep taking money from my credit card they aren't supposed to. This happenend when I first set up my account they did a double withdrawal and I had to prove and then wait for them to credit my account.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TammyP2018 .The only people that can deal with account related issues are the mods.  Send them a private message.  You should be able to set up voicemail by calling your number.

I would have suggested posting a screenshot of payment history but yiu said you  can't access it.

TammyP2018

Does anybody know if there is a seperate contact for billing & how do I set up my voicemail? My number started working last week but my I can't log into my account because they disabled my account. Also, I cannot send or receive text messages.

I was told someone would contact me last week, but still haven't got a response. Now, I just noticed that there is a charge on my credit card, but I had more than enough credit for 2 months. AHHHHHHH!!!!!

You won’t be able to port back until your number is active.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Porting back will definatly close your PM account...

@TammyP2018 Sorry you've had so much aggro. Yes, if you port back to Telus your PM account will be closed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TammyP2018

Well still no service. Moderators ask me questions and 3-5 days later they ask me more questions. This lack of service super sucks and definitely will never recommend to anyone I know.

By by the way I was told “I wanted to inform that  sending multiple messages increase your delay.” 

Called Telus again. They offered to port back but then I will end up closing the pm account - correct?

srlawren

@Lori287 wrote:

Yes I know Carl is a customer but I did find him and you very helpful.  Obviously Tammy is having a problem reaching a moderator. They are not responding within 48 hrs. It is more like 96

@Lori287 again, and I mean no offense to either you or Carl, but there is nothing Tammy can do but wait at this point.  Carl has no ability to escalate her case with the moderator team.  She's welcome to contact him all she likes, but it won't help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lori287

Yes I know Carl is a customer but I did find him and you very helpful.  Obviously Tammy is having a problem reaching a moderator. They are not responding within 48 hrs. It is more like 96

srlawren

@Lori287 wrote:

Try sending a message to Carld123 he is very helpful

@Lori287 note that although helpful, @Carld123 is just a customer like the rest of us.  I think @TammyP2018 needs help from the moderator team, whom have access to her account in the back-end systems.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lori287

Try sending a message to Carld123 he is very helpful

TammyP2018

Yes - multiple times. 

If you call the Telus landline it says the number is not in service. The TELUS landline number has shown up on my PM account since I did the switch on Dec 30. (The same day my PM cellphone number (and service) stopped.)

TELUS confirmed they completed everything on their end when I called last Thursday. 

Lori287

Have you tried completely shutting your phone off and waiting one minute befor booting it back up? Where are you Tammy?

TammyP2018

Well I just received a message saying I should have had service on Thursday and to contact the if I have further questions. 

So i said no I don’t have service try calling my number. 

Will it take another week to get a non answer?

this is crazy!!!!!!

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do not send multiple messages. This pushes you further back in the queue as the system takes into consideration your most recent message; so, a message today goes into today's queue replacing prior messages.

re delay 😞

Hey Luddite, pretty sure it was confirmed a while back that sending multiple messages does not push you down the list.  It just makes more work for the mods to go through and sort out.

I'm only 70% sure; for many months thought as you do. Have no official statement.

Finally found it (from MARY_M)...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/STRONGLY-recommend-AVOIDING-PUBLIC-MOBILE/m-p/272217/highlight/true#M48235

The message by Mary, the Moderator, is of critical value for the community and must be circulated as an individual message to all community members since posting multiple messages can be ruinous and make the Modeartors' job unmanageable. 

It could well be that the very reason for the moderators to fall back to three days response is multiple messages. This must be shunned.

@Luddite @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do not send multiple messages. This pushes you further back in the queue as the system takes into consideration your most recent message; so, a message today goes into today's queue replacing prior messages.

re delay 😞

Hey Luddite, pretty sure it was confirmed a while back that sending multiple messages does not push you down the list.  It just makes more work for the mods to go through and sort out.

I'm only 70% sure; for many months thought as you do. Have no official statement.

Finally found it (from MARY_M)...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/STRONGLY-recommend-AVOIDING-PUBLIC-MOBILE/m-p/272217/highlight/true#M48235

Lori287

I too have been trying to get in touch with the Moderator_Team and absolutely no response.  I am stuck in the States with no phone.  I myself will be looking for some other supplier one where you can actually call a person. This is total BS...Good luck to you

@Anonymous wrote:

re delay 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@TammyP2018 wrote:

Thank you for the info - NOT my experience at all -lol

I have written to the Moderators 3x on Thursday and have not received a response.

Maybe I will send another, but I read somewhere the more you write, the more delay 😞

Hey @Luddite, pretty sure it was confirmed a while back that sending multiple messages does not push you down the list.  It just makes more work for the mods to go through and sort out.

@TammyP2018 You could open a new account just to get some service BUT do not touch the current account further until your landline port-in completes to ensure that number is not lost. 

If you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Sorry the system completely failed you.

@TammyP2018 wrote:

Thank you for the info - NOT my experience at all -lol

I have written to the Moderators 3x on Thursday and have not received a response.

Maybe I will send another, but I read somewhere the more you write, the more delay 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TammyP2018, if your last PM to mods was on Thursday, then give it another day or so.  Response times are currently around 3 days.  Sending multiple messages just adds to the moderators 'mess'. 

Need Help? Let's chat.