cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE AFTER JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS

mercury
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone was stolen. I suspended service, bought a new phone. Had problems with the SIM. Got them fixed. Paid my account. Reactivated it. There is still NO SERVICE. 

12 REPLIES 12

Korade

Glad you got it worked out!

mercury

SERVICE. At last.

mercury

However, just to be positive, I went back and looked. The new SIM number wasn't there. It took two more tries, but the screen finally reflected the new number. BUT. There is still no service.

If it's stuck in the porting process, contact Public Mobile to troubleshoot the issue. Sometimes, all it takes is to either:

1) turn airplane mode on/off

2) reboot your phone

3) pull the sim card out and re-insert

4) reset network settings (not factory reset)

If that didn't work, it sounds like a stuck port of your number. 

Typically a successful port request is completed in 5 min to 2 hours, so at 20 hours I think you will need the assistance of a moderator to get your account sorted out.  Send them a private message clicking on this link, provide them with your name, account number, an account number from your old provider and name on that account, PM SIM card number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

This happens every once in a while, usually when the info you provide isn't an exact match to what your old provider has on their records.  Not a big problem, the mods will get you sorted out, just be patient after you send them a private message and await their reply.  

@mercury, when a moderator from the moderator team posts a message, they want you to send them a private message. You don't need to report the situation/story in the forum. Wondering why they want you to contact them directly? The moderator team will need to ask you some private information that you really don't want the forum and the world know such as your PIN number, account information, phone number and maybe an email address. Unfortunately, the moderators are done for the day, and won't return until later this morning. 

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order, they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on the message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

If it's stuck at the porting process, contact Public Mobile to troubleshoot the issue. Sometimes, all it takes is to either:

1) turn airplane mode on/off

2) reboot your phone

3) pull the sim card out and re-insert

4) reset network settings (not factory reset)

If not, give that a shot. If that didn't work, it sounds like a stuck port of your number. 

Typically a successful port request is completed in 5 min to 2 hours, so at 20 hours I think you will need the assistance of a moderator to get your account sorted out.  Send them a private message clicking on this link: @Moderator_Team, provide them with your name, account number, an account number from your old provider and name on that account, PM SIM card number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

This happens every once in a while, usually when the info you provide isn't an exact match to what your old provider has on their records.  Not a big problem, the mods will get you sorted out, just be patient after you send them a private message and await their reply.  

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

@mercury wrote:

Yes, I did.

If you haven't already, send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and they will look into your account. 

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

mercury

Yes, I did.

@mercury wrote:

My phone was stolen. I suspended service. I also delayed payment. I bought a new phone, then had problems with the SIM. Bought a new SIM, installed it, paid account in full and renewed service. There is still no service. 

DId you change the new sim number from your self-serve account?

mercury

My phone was stolen. I suspended service. I also delayed payment. I bought a new phone, then had problems with the SIM. Bought a new SIM, installed it, paid account in full and renewed service. There is still no service. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello mercury,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to better assist you in regards to your phone service issue, please send us a private message.

I am waiting for your reply.

Regards

Abdoulaye

Korade

Hi mercury,

In addition to what was mentioned above, I would check out the new phone you are using to make sure it is not defective. Do you have another, active SIM that you can test the phone with?

Korade

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.