cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JK8
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: NO CONNECTION

@Biteme 

If you log into self service what is the Account Status?

Biteme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are right, my SIM card number is not the same. But, what does that mean someone has hijacked my account? Before I joined you I was with Telus for 15 years then with Koodo for 3 years, I have never had this issud. How can someone hijacked my account so easily?

What do I do now?

Biteme

sorry. I forgot you already set up the steps for me. I am new frustrated and stupid 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Biteme wrote:

You are right, my SIM card number is not the same. But, what does that mean someone has hijacked my account? Before I joined you I was with Telus for 15 years then with Koodo for 3 years, I have never had this issud. How can someone hijacked my account so easily?

What do I do now?

Hi @Biteme , so sorry to hear this.

See previous post RE: SIM Fraud/Jacking in this thread.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Biteme wrote:

sorry. I forgot you already set up the steps for me. I am new frustrated and stupid 🙂

You are NOT stupid, @Biteme 

Frustrated, quite understandably, but not stupid.

SIM card hacks are not new to Public Mobile customers (and presumably others).

Please follow @esjliv instructions on what to do and hopefully Public Mobile moderators can fix the issue.

Here's an article you can review after to help prevent such things from recurring:

SIM Swap Fraud (publicmobile.ca)

(EDIT:   Already covered by @esjliv - they got you fully covered)

Biteme

Hi there  M / Maire I just want to say thanks so much for your help. I was so frustrated because I have been trying to send a post for over two hours and it would not go. The message kept saying that I had an html error and I had to fix it. I could not find it. That's when I decided to sent a test and see if it would accept it. You answering the test alone was a major help and calmed my frustration. I was in tears. It turns out the reason I was getting the error message is because I referenced a name in the post to let you know that I was experiencing the same problem as this person. This was not an html issue. So the error message aggravated me more than I needed it.

Anyway, I am grateful for your help. I also sent a ticket as you stated and hoping they will restore my account for me. 

Take care and stay safe 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Biteme wrote:

Hi there  M / Maire I just want to say thanks so much for your help. I was so frustrated because I have been trying to send a post for over two hours and it would not go. The message kept saying that I had an html error and I had to fix it. I could not find it. That's when I decided to sent a test and see if it would accept it. You answering the test alone was a major help and calmed my frustration. I was in tears. It turns out the reason I was getting the error message is because I referenced a name in the post to let you know that I was experiencing the same problem as this person. This was not an html issue. So the error message aggravated me more than I needed it.

Anyway, I am grateful for your help. I also sent a ticket as you stated and hoping they will restore my account for me. 

Take care and stay safe 🙂

@Biteme , Sorry this has been going on since Feb. 11/21.

Yes, without properly being able to ask questions here on the forum, it would seem like one would be pretty much stuck. 

I am glad you were able to communicate your issues, and hope you get your service restored soon.

Good luck!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Biteme 

Re the HTML error of your post, usually members may get this warning when an HTML error is noticed.  Sometimes the HTML error is not recognizable as one - usually it occurs when users copy/paste information into the post from another site or format.

The fix is a simple one.

Just hit the Post button again and the Public Mobile system will correct the HTML error allowing the message to be sent in a 'corrected' version, which is usually indiscernible from the original.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Biteme : Over here. Your thread. Have you followed all the help that you got here?

Need Help? Let's chat.