cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: My port didnt go thru!On its 3rd day now! Admin plz help

@chuck_grady 

How I look at pointing out mistakes is more along the lines of correcting non-factual information so that the customer is getting the correct information. I think the Oracles are, in their own way, duty-bound to make sure the correct information is being posted. Of course nor are they perfect.

Admittedly, sometimes there's a chorus of people saying things one way and an equal other chorus saying things another way leaving the customer to wonder which is right. Happens.

@chuck_grady wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood the client's request. Anyway, I happened to think this might help them to get some valuable information.

Aren't Oracles supposed to be respectful to others. Writing tone is very important in showing respect online. I have to say this is the first time I've seen your handle related to it, but I would expect more supportive behaviour from someone referred to as an Oracle! There's another word for people who point out everyone's mistakes (almost rhymes). Can't be posted here though. (Terms of use)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chuck_grady wrote:

Did you set up your My Account? 

my account.PNG

Your PM Account # will be in there and you can somewhat see what your plan is up to.

You can also call your own provider and see if they have received the port request. If they have not, your best move is to email a moderator as mentioned.

If London Drugs didn't give you the phone number. Perhaps they keep it on file and you can get it from them.

Sure, customers do need to create a self-serve account after activating at a retail location.  However, I'm not sure how the Public Mobile account number comes into play here.

It's the old carrier's account number that is needed for number porting.  Having the Public Mobile account number wouldn't help with that.

Also, while it would be a good idea for customer set up his/her self-serve account, a failed number port cannot be fixed in the self-serve account. Only the moderators can do that.

@chuck_grady, there isn't anything intended by my mesaage.  I don't even know you, so surely don't have anything against you.  I was only attempting to guide the member in the right direction. Feel free to contact me by private message.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@chuck_grady 

How I look at pointing out mistakes is more along the lines of correcting non-factual information so that the customer is getting the correct information. I think the Oracles are, in their own way, duty-bound to make sure the correct information is being posted. Of course nor are they perfect.

Admittedly, sometimes there's a chorus of people saying things one way and an equal other chorus saying things another way leaving the customer to wonder which is right. Happens.

I see what you are saying, but I don't agree with the method, unless of course you want to make people not want to be part of the community. If you ever see me disrespect someone on this site, please call me out on it. I think it has no place in a real community.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chuck_grady wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood the client's request. Anyway, I happened to think this might help them to get some valuable information.

Aren't Oracles supposed to be respectful to others. Writing tone is very important in showing respect online. I have to say this is the first time I've seen your handle related to it, but I would expect more supportive behaviour from someone referred to as an Oracle! There's another word for people who point out everyone's mistakes (almost rhymes). Can't be posted here though. (Terms of use)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@chuck_grady wrote:

Did you set up your My Account? 

my account.PNG

Your PM Account # will be in there and you can somewhat see what your plan is up to.

You can also call your own provider and see if they have received the port request. If they have not, your best move is to email a moderator as mentioned.

If London Drugs didn't give you the phone number. Perhaps they keep it on file and you can get it from them.

Sure, customers do need to create a self-serve account after activating at a retail location.  However, I'm not sure how the Public Mobile account number comes into play here.

It's the old carrier's account number that is needed for number porting.  Having the Public Mobile account number wouldn't help with that.

Also, while it would be a good idea for customer set up his/her self-serve account, a failed number port cannot be fixed in the self-serve account. Only the moderators can do that.

@chuck_grady, there isn't anything intended by my mesaage.  I don't even know you, so surely don't have anything against you.  I was only attempting to guide the member in the right direction. Feel free to contact me by private message.

No need, just thought I was seeing a pattern that I didn't like. But I may have overreacted in this case.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Sorry about causing some momentary drama on your feed, can I redirect by asking how your situation is coming along @Hoomant79  - @computergeek541 @z10user4 

Anywhere closer to a resolution?

Chucky