cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My port didnt go thru!On its 3rd day now! Admin plz help

Hoomant79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I registered on Tuesday in london drugs, the rep didnt ask for account number and just used my pin! Seems like port wasnt able to be done! Plz help me. Why dont u guys have a number to call! Its sad

14 REPLIES 14

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Sorry about causing some momentary drama on your feed, can I redirect by asking how your situation is coming along @Hoomant79  - @computergeek541 @Anonymous 

Anywhere closer to a resolution?

Chucky

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood the client's request. Anyway, I happened to think this might help them to get some valuable information.

Aren't Oracles supposed to be respectful to others. Writing tone is very important in showing respect online. I have to say this is the first time I've seen your handle related to it, but I would expect more supportive behaviour from someone referred to as an Oracle! There's another word for people who point out everyone's mistakes (almost rhymes). Can't be posted here though. (Terms of use)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Did you set up your My Account? 

my account.PNG

Your PM Account # will be in there and you can somewhat see what your plan is up to.

You can also call your own provider and see if they have received the port request. If they have not, your best move is to email a moderator as mentioned.

If London Drugs didn't give you the phone number. Perhaps they keep it on file and you can get it from them.

Sure, customers do need to create a self-serve account after activating at a retail location.  However, I'm not sure how the Public Mobile account number comes into play here.

It's the old carrier's account number that is needed for number porting.  Having the Public Mobile account number wouldn't help with that.

Also, while it would be a good idea for customer set up his/her self-serve account, a failed number port cannot be fixed in the self-serve account. Only the moderators can do that.

@ChuckYeah, there isn't anything intended by my mesaage.  I don't even know you, so surely don't have anything against you.  I was only attempting to guide the member in the right direction. Feel free to contact me by private message.

No need, just thought I was seeing a pattern that I didn't like. But I may have overreacted in this case.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChuckYeah 

How I look at pointing out mistakes is more along the lines of correcting non-factual information so that the customer is getting the correct information. I think the Oracles are, in their own way, duty-bound to make sure the correct information is being posted. Of course nor are they perfect.

Admittedly, sometimes there's a chorus of people saying things one way and an equal other chorus saying things another way leaving the customer to wonder which is right. Happens.

I see what you are saying, but I don't agree with the method, unless of course you want to make people not want to be part of the community. If you ever see me disrespect someone on this site, please call me out on it. I think it has no place in a real community.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood the client's request. Anyway, I happened to think this might help them to get some valuable information.

Aren't Oracles supposed to be respectful to others. Writing tone is very important in showing respect online. I have to say this is the first time I've seen your handle related to it, but I would expect more supportive behaviour from someone referred to as an Oracle! There's another word for people who point out everyone's mistakes (almost rhymes). Can't be posted here though. (Terms of use)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

my account.PNG

Your PM Account # will be in there and you can somewhat see what your plan is up to.

You can also call your own provider and see if they have received the port request. If they have not, your best move is to email a moderator as mentioned.

If London Drugs didn't give you the phone number. Perhaps they keep it on file and you can get it from them.

Sure, customers do need to create a self-serve account after activating at a retail location.  However, I'm not sure how the Public Mobile account number comes into play here.

It's the old carrier's account number that is needed for number porting.  Having the Public Mobile account number wouldn't help with that.

Also, while it would be a good idea for customer set up his/her self-serve account, a failed number port cannot be fixed in the self-serve account. Only the moderators can do that.

@ChuckYeah, there isn't anything intended by my mesaage.  I don't even know you, so surely don't have anything against you.  I was only attempting to guide the member in the right direction. Feel free to contact me by private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah 

How I look at pointing out mistakes is more along the lines of correcting non-factual information so that the customer is getting the correct information. I think the Oracles are, in their own way, duty-bound to make sure the correct information is being posted. Of course nor are they perfect.

Admittedly, sometimes there's a chorus of people saying things one way and an equal other chorus saying things another way leaving the customer to wonder which is right. Happens.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

my account.PNG

@ofs wrote:

Hi,

In addition to contacting the Moderator Team, have you tried seeing if you old number is still with the other carrier? If it is, you just need to re-port. Otherwise, if it's not with your old carriee anymore and porting is in limbo, then the Moderator Team would be your best option.

Public Mobile customers cannot just "re-port".  When a porting request is made, Public Mobile immediately assigns the number being transfered the account. This happens before the phone number is transfered. As such, the sysem will not allow the customer make another attempt. Going through the moderators is the only way to to fix this.

ofs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

In addition to contacting the Moderator Team, have you tried seeing if you old number is still with the other carrier? If it is, you just need to re-port. Otherwise, if it's not with your old carriee anymore and porting is in limbo, then the Moderator Team would be your best option.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Hoomant79 wrote:

Hi, I registered on Tuesday in london drugs, the rep didnt ask for account number and just used my pin! Seems like port wasnt able to be done! Plz help me. Why dont u guys have a number to call! Its sad

@Hoomant79  If you are porting from Speakout they don't use account numbers so a PIN number along with the name and the old phone number would be required. That's why it's recommended to pick a temp number setup your selfserve account and then do the port to avoid these kind of issues.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

my account.PNG

@Hoomant79 wrote:

It sounds like you may have been reading about how people say to use only your account number when porting.  It is actually possible port using just the PIN number of your old carrier, but whether the transfer goes through dpendings on if the old carrier finds that acceptable.  It's supposed to be a valid way to do it, but you're stil at the mercy of the old carrier to approve the release of the phone number.  It's also possilbe that an incorrect PIN could have been entered, either by the staff member typing it wrong, mishearing, or if there is any confusion between sim card PIN, voicemail password, or account PIN.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

my account.PNG

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As Robert said, the price would be higher if there was a call centre. It is a no frills service and they make that clear throughout the site and forums.

Sorry to hear about your porting woes. Personally, I'd never let a kiosk/store rep sign me up for this sort of thing. I'd suggest that folks do it themselves (activate their own sim card, put in details for port, check, double check, etc).

In your case, hopefully a moderator will be able to assist soon and get your port request through, but do write them ASAP as it can take some time to get a response.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Hoomant79 wrote:

@Hoomant79 

I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

I am happy they don't have a phone number, if they did I would pay more for it. Rather send a message and save money, even if once in a blue moon I have to wait a bit for a response. Once things are going its unlikely you will need their help again.

You can also in the meantime probably stick your old sim card in, it may still be fully functional while you wait.

Need Help? Let's chat.