Did you mean: 

My number is not working

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No incoming calls. Help!!!

20 REPLIES 20

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lteguy I have this exact phone. It works well with Public Mobile. If you have thrown away your previous cellphone companies sim card thats ok. If you cancelled the service before your number came over to Public...ummm thats not good. 

@Lteguy wrote:

Because the service stopped working

@Lteguy  That is a big problem since you account with your previous provider needs to be active for a port to complete.

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Lteguy

Because the service stopped working

@Lteguy reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

@Lteguy wrote:

Don’t have old provider any more the only SIM card I have is public mobile and I can only make outgoing calls. I can’t get incoming calls.

You don't have your old provider any more because that service stopped working or because you threw out your old sim card?   If it's a matter of you simply discarding your old carrier's sim card, incoming calls will continue to go to the old carrier until porting is complete.

Lteguy

Don’t have old provider any more the only SIM card I have is public mobile and I can only make outgoing calls. I can’t get incoming calls.

@Lteguy wrote:

hourly update, still can’t receive calls

however I did submit a porting ticket to the link Provided

what should I do until then?

Make sure your other provider account is active. It must be active in order for the port transfer to work.

Once the port is complete, your old provider account will close automatically.

In the meantime, you can continue to use the old provider SIM card to receive phone calls and texts.

Lteguy

its an iPhone XR,

not my phone it’s my coworkers, I referred him 

And on my other post I’m looking for my referral discount for my plan for making the friend referral 

Lteguy

hourly update, still can’t receive calls

however I did submit a porting ticket to the link Provided

what should I do until then?

Here is a direct message link if Simon is giving you troubles

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Lteguy wrote:

Who’s a moderator I can submit a ticket for porting?

Look at top of this page, click on "Get Help"...then click on "Chat with Simon" to start process of moderator intervention.

Lteguy

Who’s a moderator I can submit a ticket for porting?

@Lteguy wrote:

it says public mobile on top 

can make calls out

but can’t get incoming 

@Lteguy  What type of phone do you have? If you are not porting in a number check your privacy settings or make sure you do not have the "Do not disturb" mode turned on.

lemonkitkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im currently having the same issue. If it has been more than 2 hours since you started your port process/activation, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to the moderators. Click the bubble with the question mark inside it, at the bottom right side of your screen, and then type into the chat bot "Port request", it should ask if you want to open a ticket, go ahead and do that.

Have your at least your imei (or acct #) and new sim number ready for when you submit the ticket

@Lteguy 

Did you port transfer your number like others mentioned?

If yes, you can continue using your old provider's SIM to receive calls until the port is complete.

If you did not port, did you try restarting your phone?

Try calling your number from another phone. What happens? Does it go straight to PM voicemail?

Lteguy

it says public mobile on top 

can make calls out

but can’t get incoming 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lteguy 

Have you tried restarting your phone?

When you call 611, what does the recording say about your account status?

Are you having any other issues? Can you call out? Texting in/out works?

What do you hear when you try calling your number from another phone?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy  If you just ported you number then you need to wait for the port to complete to be able to receive calls. You can also just keep using your old sim until it stops working.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy if you've just ported your number, it should take anywhere from 2-3h to finish porting. do not cancel your previous provider

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you port?

If yes

Use your old sim until it stops working

If not

Is anything else working?

Do you have dnd ur airplane mode on

Can you restart your phone with the sim I n

Does your phone with with Telus Neverwinter is it unlocked

Need Help? Let's chat.