My mom's $10 plan stopped working after few days with full remaining balance

kalpanamu00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have purchased a number for my mom and it stopped working saying I have 

I had purchased the $10 plan that includes

• - 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
  • - 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk

It worked for 4-5 days without any problem however, since last last 2 weeks it has been saying "Sorry you don't have any long distance add-on" whenever she'  trying to call an ontario number. She was able to call this number for the first 4-5 days without any problem. When I try to call this number, the call drops without ringing.

The number was for ontario - sms text is wotking fine but not cal to Ontario (worked fine initially). When I checked usage tab  Can you please help?

6 REPLIES 6

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you log into self serve, scroll down to "My Data & Add-Ons" and look how many minutes you have left.

It should say:

Limited Canada-Wide Talk
#  /  50 MIN

Yes, checking voice mail and call forward do count as minutes.  Incoming and outgoing calls are also counted.  

Some people will use another phone line to check public mobile voice mail if on the $10 plan.  

kalpanamu00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! 

I have checked the usage. There are few entries on a number corresponds to public mobile voicemail (6475804001) - does this count in the minute limit?

Also does the incoming calls deduct the total minute limit?

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Even if you put the "1" at the begining, it shouldnt be a problem. it wont act as a long distance call because it'll notice the area code. 

Ba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kalpanamu00 wrote:

It worked for 4-5 days without any problem however, since last last 2 weeks it has been saying "Sorry you don't have any long distance add-on" whenever she'  trying to call an ontario number. She was able to call this number for the first 4-5 days without any problem. When I try to call this number, the call drops without ringing.

The number was for ontario - sms text is wotking fine but not cal to Ontario (worked fine initially). When I checked usage tab  Can you please help?

My guess is that you dialed "1" before the area code and the number. Sometimes you phone may automatically add "1" in the contact list before dialling out. Try dialling it again without the "1". Just maunally punch in the area code and the phone number to see if you can get through.

bf7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible you used up all 50 minutes? Their is no usage bar when you login so the only way to check is to "login-> plans and addons -> usage". Add up all the minutes manually and see if you are near 50 minutes. Otherwise you will need to contact a moderator to get this fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.