cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My card is lost in mail and someone took it, how can I get it back

ab2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Long story short, bought a sim card online as pre-activated .  Now the sim was lost and someone took it. To make it worse, he register a self serve account already with an unknown e-mail. 

I have all the documents to prove it's mine. How can I get it back? Thanks. 

I'm trying to sending the moderator to see if they can I help, No idea if they can. 

37 REPLIES 37

@ab2004 

While I am happy to hear you are getting it sorted out....pm itself does not offer a pre-activated sim card. Ordering one in this manner does have a level of risk. In order for the "thief" to have set up the self serve account they had to have known the email address you had it activated with....do you care to share the name of the retailer?

@ab2004 take this as a lesson and don't do those things in the future

ab2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got the sim card swapped by retailer and now I'm in the middle to do e-mail change.

PM really lack the support infrastructure for this kind of exception handling. Very disappointed. Luckily it's just a new number and I don't have chance to port in my old number yet. 

@ab2004 

Where did you purchase your activated sim card? If it is from a reputable pm partner you should contact them about their shipping policies and guarantee of service. You should also contact Canada Post to start an investigation. Is your mailbox accessible to the public or accessed by a key? Canada post takes mail theft very seriously. How did you pay for your sim card/service? You have options with paypal and your credit card company when it comes to the not recieving the product you purchased.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ab2004  open a ticket with Simon

type:  did not receive my sim card

Then click "Contact Us" , and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

Let's hope they can send you a new one, but again, it might take some time for delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

or you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@ab2004 

Contacting a moderator is the way to go.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.