cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sim Card need to be updated

Yue-Sun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to create a ticket for updating my SIM card?

11 REPLIES 11

@Wlasichuk wrote:

I have a USHINING basic phone (Seniors) I have followed all suggestions to clear the "Sim Card Updating".  Result is phone goes into same updating mode after a couple of hours or in one case after a day of normal use.

I am out of options and ideas.

Thanks for your help

@Wlasichuk 

Which model number is your phone?  Did it work properly before?  This phone may not be compatible with PM network.  

Try the SIM card in another working phone.  This will help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.

Wlasichuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a USHINING basic phone (Seniors) I have followed all suggestions to clear the "Sim Card Updating".  Result is phone goes into same updating mode after a couple of hours or in one case after a day of normal use.

I am out of options and ideas.

Thanks for your help

@Yue-Sun  It's not the sim card that will expire it's your credit card. Check your credit card expiry date if you were issued a new credit card then you need to update the expiry date by accessing your selfserve account otherwise your plan renewal will fail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yue-Sun wrote:

I don't understand why my sim card is expired soon at all! Is any word in the original contract? Only 1 year service?

What is the exact message you got and from who?

@Yue-Sun wrote:

I don't understand why my sim card is expired soon at all! Is any word in the original contract? Only 1 year service?

"The SIM card itself never expires, as the SIM serves only to allow the handset to identify the cellular network. Prepaid SIM cards don't expire, but their credit does."

Was this a voicemail, or email you received?

@Yue-Sun I think that it probably concerns your autopay credit card.  You can update your credit card from within your self service account. Go either here

20200715_105625.jpg

Or

Make a patment.png

If this fails contact the moderators and ask them to add it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Yue-Sun

Yue-Sun

Hi Actually, I got a message from your company,said my phone card would be expired soon, and need to be updated...Not my opinion to change my card...Could you please do it for me now?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Yue-Sun  what's the problem? Why are you trying to switxh the SIM card?  Thanks.

Yue-Sun

Hi Actually, I got a message from your company,said my phone card would be expired soon, and need to be updated...Not my opinion to change my card...Could you please do it for me now?

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yue-Sun If you are looking to change the simcard in your phone and already have a Public Mobile self serve account you can do it there.

Take a look to the right under "My Profile"

Need Help? Let's chat.