cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My SIM card seems abnormal. I want to replace it.

Dear Public Mobile service officer, 

My cell phone signal is sometimes not available at home, at school or on the road. This situation adds a lot of trouble in my daily life. Due to the loss of the signal, I missed a job confirmed phone and text message yesterday. At the same time and place, people around me who use the same public mobile phone service, their mobile phone service is normal. I wish you can help me to replace my SIM card for free to fix my problem.

My living address is near xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks. 

edited by computergeek541: partial address removed

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: My SIM card seems abnormal. I want to replace it.

Edit your post and erase your personal information then go and order a sim online.

You could also go to Walmart and buy a new sim card.

Sorry I do not believe they would replace for free.

However do you have another phone laying around that you can put sim in to test your signal? Maybe it's a phony issue and not a sim issue?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Information you are posting here is public. Anyone can see it!

Thanks for your reminding. I erased my personal information.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the SIM card into my another mobile phone. The issue is still there. I also have a Rogers SIM card. It works normal on my two mobile phones.

Mayor / Maire

@rogerrong wrote:

Dear Public Mobile service officer, 

My cell phone signal is sometimes not available at home, at school or on the road. This situation adds a lot of trouble in my daily life. Due to the loss of the signal, I missed a job confirmed phone and text message yesterday. At the same time and place, people around me who use the same public mobile phone service, their mobile phone service is normal. I wish you can help me to replace my SIM card for free to fix my problem.

My living address is near xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks. 

@rogerrong  What type of phone do you have?

Not sure how you determined that the issue is your sim. Why don't ask your friend that has connectivity where you don't if you can use their card in your phone. If you still lose connection the the problem is your phone.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also maybe try resetting your network setting on your phone

I have done it yet.

The model of my phone is XiaoMi 8. It's normal previously. I used the SIM card on my friends and lost the signal also. I reset my cell phone several times. It works normally when I reset my cell phone. But it will abnormal sometime later. This status is also on my friends' iPhone Xs when they were used my SIM card. They work normally when they use their public mobile SIM cards.

And my Rogers SIM card works normally on my mobile phone.