cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone showing no service iphone 6s Plus

AhmedMoustafa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I have the sim card in the phone but it shows that no service, also try to edit the APN and only 1 field is active APN: sp.mb.com

I have tried to reset the network but no success; please help me out; can you check this cell # if it's activated? 

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@PM100At a risk of sounding uncool.. Here is a picture of an Sprint locked iPhone 8 I have lying around, after I had put in the Public Mobile SIM card. Even though it is locked and implore me to start the iPhone activation process. It still indicated on the top left hand corner it is receiving signal from PM. So even if an iphone is locked to another provider, an iphone should not display No Service.

Both connecting to iTunes (usually in cases that are pre iOS 11, the reasoning is iTunes acts as a network conduit to the internet for the iPhones in case the user doesn't have wifi and need to access the internet) + asking for provider to unlock are non sequitor, because OP has indicated he has "No Service".

Locked iphone on Public MobileLocked iphone on Public Mobile

PM100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you run out of things to try, then maybe try syncing phone in itunes for the latest updates ?  I think i read about that advice in a recent similar thread. 

...and one other long shot would be to try  placing another Carrier SIM into the phone and then try the PM sim again afterwards. This old thread talks about that. 

Good luck.

@AhmedMoustafa wrote:

@geopublic  ; i have bought the SIM card couple days ago but i just start to have in the phone today though.

'm sure the phone is unlocked as well

@AhmedMoustafa  Ok, did you port your number from your old provider? If yes, it could be that the port is stuck and you need to contact PM. 

Also try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work you need to notify the Public Mobile Moderator team.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification will be required when contact the Moderator Team *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@AhmedMoustafaIf you put the SIM card in and it went through the activation process smoothly.. then your phone is unlocked, you can ignore @geopublic's advice. You mentioned you only brought the SIM card a few days ago, have you gone through the process to activate the SIM card? You have to do that before you put in the card into your phone.

Well that's not cool. Call out people fine. Correct people fine. Indirectly correct people by way of saying something different to the OP fine. But to tell a fellow customer to ignore another fellow customer who's trying to help...not cool.

@AhmedMoustafaIf you put the SIM card in and it went through the activation process smoothly.. then your phone is unlocked, you can ignore @geopublic's advice. You mentioned you only brought the SIM card a few days ago, have you gone through the process to activate the SIM card? You have to do that before you put in the card into your phone.

AhmedMoustafa

@geopublic  ; i have bought the SIM card couple days ago but i just start to have in the phone today though.

'm sure the phone is unlocked as well

@AhmedMoustafa wrote:

Thanks for the reply ; it's the first time to me here

no Iphone is not blacklisted and it's unlocked

@AhmedMoustafa  If you just activated then more than likely your phone is locked. Call your previous provider and ask them to unlock it.

@AhmedMoustafa 

Please remove your phone number information from this public forum.  

Can you put your SIM card into another phone?  To determine whether hardware issue versus PM  Service issue.  That is quick way to figure out if your PM number is active or not.  

AhmedMoustafa

Thanks for the reply ; it's the first time to me here

no Iphone is not blacklisted and it's unlocked

@AhmedMoustafaSince it is an iPhone 6s it should be running iOS 12. You don't and shouldn't need to fiddle with the APN. The easiest way for you to diagnoise the issue is to swap your sim card into another phone. If there is service, then it is a problem with the phone (go to Apple Store chances are it will be pricey to fix if it is the antennas).. else it is a Public Mobile issue. Remember all cell phone antenna these days are powered eventually they do burn out.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@AhmedMoustafa wrote:

Hello.

I have the sim card in the phone but it shows that no service, also try to edit the APN and only 1 field is active APN: sp.mb.com

I have tried to reset the network but no success; please help me out; can you check this cell # if it's activated? XXXXXXXXXXX

thanks

We are customers like you...so no private information here.

You have tried what I would suggest to you....

Is your phone unlocked? Or blacklisted?

Need Help? Let's chat.