cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

More amount charged

Hello,

I have $25 plan. I have $5 rewards ($2 with autorecharge and $3 with friend referral). Last text message before monthly payment from Public Mobile, mentioned $20 to pay. However, in reality, $23 were charged to my credit card. But when I see my public mobile payment history, it is showing $20 charged on credit card.

I dont understand this discrepency between amount shown and amount charged. Does anyone have a thougth on it?

Thanks

Mayor / Maire

Re: More amount charged

@Kirantod wrote:

Hello,

I have $25 plan. I have $5 rewards ($2 with autorecharge and $3 with friend referral). Last text message before monthly payment from Public Mobile, mentioned $20 to pay. However, in reality, $23 were charged to my credit card. But when I see my public mobile payment history, it is showing $20 charged on credit card.

I dont understand this discrepency between amount shown and amount charged. Does anyone have a thougth on it?

Thanks

@KirantodTax ? (15% tax on $20 = $23)

Mayor / Maire

@Kirantod wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

Did you count the taxes??? With the payment on your credit card you pay the taxes. 20$+ taxes~ 23$??

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your payment history does not show taxes only your credit card history shows full amount.

Mayor / Maire

It never ceases to amaze me how many people get confused by this.  You're in Canada--we pay taxes.  On almost everything.  The first time a number charged doesn't look right, I try dividing it by the combined tax rate for my province.  It should take anyone seconds to figure this out the first time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, but generally there is a receipt of some kind that shows this.  In fact, I thought it was the law.  Had I not stumbled across this thread I would have asked the same question (before reaching the same conclusion).  Is the invoice or bill actually available anywhere for users to view?

Mayor / Maire

@naluukti  If you actually need an invoice for business reasons or tax purposes you can contact a moderator  here but it takes a few weeks or more to get your records

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@naluuktiCan you refer us to a place where a receipt of some kind is the law of the land especially for prepaid services?

Mayor / Maire

@naluukti wrote:

Yes, but generally there is a receipt of some kind that shows this.  In fact, I thought it was the law.  Had I not stumbled across this thread I would have asked the same question (before reaching the same conclusion).  Is the invoice or bill actually available anywhere for users to view?

@naluukti no.  You can look at your transaction history in your self-serve account to see how the plan is billed, but this is all pre-tax.  Taxes are charged on the payment.  The payment is used to credit your account with the pre-tax dollars, which are then used to pay for your plan (or add-on(s), etc.).  If you want a receipt which breaks down the payment amount and the tax, you will need to purchase a payment voucher and apply that to your account.  The voucher print-out will show the breakdown, though it won't have anyting about your specific plan.  You can find stores to purcahse a voucher here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator and more on your payment options here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/retail-faqs

GST registration number can be found somewhere, though I'm having a hard time locating it at this moment.  Will update this reply shortly if/when I find it.  Smiley Happy  

EDIT: found it.  It's on the Make a Payment page https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/.  You don't actually have to make the payment, just loading the page will show you the GST number, and you can navigate away or close the browser tab.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Via https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/gst-hst-businesses/charge-col...

"You must let your customers know if the GST/HST is being applied to their purchases. You can use cash register receipts, invoices, contracts, or post signs at your place of business to inform your customers whether the GST/HST is included in the price, or added separately. You have to show the GST/HST rate that applies to the supply. Also, you have to either show the amount paid or payable for the supply separately from the amount of GST/HST payable on the supply or show that the total amount paid or payable for a supply includes the GST/HST."