cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Moderatorteam no service for days!

Ani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hate this company. I just got back to Toronto and I paid up my account. And I reinserted my Sim card. It even says public mobile on my phone But I have no service, no voicemail, I can’t call out at all. Every time I call it it says oh this is long distance. I sent a message to the moderator team yesterday at 6 AM. And nothing yet. It’s incredibly frustrating, I don’t understand why it’s OK to treat people this way. I really wish there was a way to like Sur or report public mobile to the better business bureau.   My work is completely dependent on my phone line. I guess that means I should’ve gone with a better provider.

I’m incredibly frustrated and I’ve been through all the phone ‘help’ , The auto bots, and have posted to moderatorn team three times.  

And nothing. No accountability and no response.

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My first steps as mentioned above post a picture of selfserve overview page and payment history 

Sometimes if your plan say expired but have enough funds you can trick it to reactivating by adding a $1 manual payment, or by enabling lost stolen mode for say for 10 minutes then disabling it.

Remove personal info from screenshots

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That does sound really weird @Ani

Well I think you did the right thing in contacting the Moderators. I hope they get back to you soon.

When you mention that you reinserted your SIM aftering paying up your account. Did you have service before and put a hold on it and have returned to it?

In that case you are correct in contacting the moderators as I think they may need to do some of their magic to get your account back up and working.

What does it show when you login to your self serve account? Any holds? or suspensions? Anything out of the ordinary?

If this is more relevant, I found a related sticky post here about your situation and you seem to be on the right path.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/When-and-How-to-Suspend-or-Place-an-accoun...

Ani

Hey no not at all. The numbers are all local and it just says your current plan does not cover this or something like that. It’s a really weird problem.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your frustration @Ani

I am just wondering though. You mentioned that you have no service, no voicemail. When you call out it says long distance, does that mean you have service to call out? When you get the long distance message does the phone call eventually connect? Did you try dialing 1 before the area code? These things can provide the community with some direction to better assist you.

There was a recent thread about the long distance message when making outgoing calls.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Discrepancy-in-Plan/m-p/286647#M51602

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

What is your actual plan, what are services are you paying for?

Tell us as much as you can, so one of the community members (subscribers) can assist you.

There are plenty of ways to get help here - just ask nicely.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you really depending your phone for works,then you should consider Telus or Koodo just my 2 cents

Ani

I do know.  That doesn’t change my schedule. Or the fact that my phone isn’t working.  My day starts at 7.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ani you didn't know PM is selfserve no MOD available so early in the morning

Need Help? Let's chat.