cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile site?

ECousins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there seriously not a mobile-optimized version of the self-serve site?

If there is, please let me know the address.

It's difficult to navigate and use, even using pinch to zoom.

I shudder to think what a poor experience this is for screen reader and switch access users.

This is baseline user experience for a mobile provider.

11 REPLIES 11

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes maybe they need to look at leveraging some other framework for their main site.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@acmethod wrote:

Its strange, the community site is optimized, but not the self serve site

@acmethod not really strange, no:  the community wasn't built in-house, it's "powered by lithium".  I'm pretty sure Lithium did the heavy lifting on the responsive redesign a couple of years ago, and PM just came along for the ride.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ECousins wrote:

Is there seriously not a mobile-optimized version of the self-serve site?

If there is, please let me know the address.

It's difficult to navigate and use, even using pinch to zoom.

I shudder to think what a poor experience this is for screen reader and switch access users.

This is baseline user experience for a mobile provider.

I mean if they are looking for a freelance to improve the site overall... They have my number 😋

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I have my opinion your welcome to yours

I've got issues with using the Community and the self-serve portal on my cell phone, but if I really want to spend any amount of time doing something, I'm going to switch to my iPad or my desktop and use a web browser on one of those platforms.

I agree that making changes to allow those accessibility concerns is required, and of course, this will take time to do so.  We can only ask, and see what happens.

For the person saying LastPass doesn't fill in the fields, I'm using it without issue on my desktop(s) - perhaps you have a setting misconfigured?

@RossN wrote:

bell and rogers and koodo have better sights for twice the price maybe you should try them

With a big Smiley Wink it would be better said..

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RossN wrote:

bell and rogers and koodo have better sights for twice the price maybe you should try them

Nothing wrong w/ the OP's feedback. No need for defensiveness.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You’ll get used to it, but yes I agree a mobile optimized site would help.

it gets tricky if your eyesight is poor and your phone is small (iPhone SE)

Its strange, the community site is optimized, but not the self serve site

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's no mobile site.  What you see is what you get.  This is a uber budget operation.

dmegatool
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to Public Mobile and yeah, I noticed to. You would think that a site mainly used on mobile would be optimized for it 🙂 

There's some other infuriating things.

• Password limitation not mentionned (20 chars?).
  • Not able to paste in the password text field (Lastpass can fill but it don't everywhere ex: the confirmation field). 
  • Field not trimming the space at the end of an autocomplete suggestion (ex: says bad email format as there's a space at the end because I clicked the autocomplete). 

That's just what I noticed within 5 minutes 😛 

Need Help? Let's chat.