cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app

johnny142
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why doesn’t public mobile have a mobile application?

More importantly! Give me a thumbs up if you wanna see one!

👍

19 REPLIES 19

Linda1971

Très bonne idée 

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

OMG!  160MB in 10 days.  Can I interest you in a 500MB plan at a lower cost?

@will13am I wondered how long it would take for someone to comment.  Answer: not long haha.  Bear in mind that the first 4 days of my billing cycle I was out of the country.  The following 3 days I was quite under the weather with a head and chest cold--an unwanted souvenir I brought home with me, and I'm actually still struggling with (but on the mend).  So, I was mostly either out of the country or at home by my WiFi during those 10 days.  Definitely not quite a normal usage pattern for me!

Please do some tests for us. That way, you can use up more.

andyma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Smiley Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@will13am I wondered how long it would take for someone to comment.  Answer: not long haha.  Bear in mind that the first 4 days of my billing cycle I was out of the country.  The following 3 days I was quite under the weather with a head and chest cold--an unwanted souvenir I brought home with me, and I'm actually still struggling with (but on the mend).  So, I was mostly either out of the country or at home by my WiFi during those 10 days.  Definitely not quite a normal usage pattern for me!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Shaheer wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Shaheer wrote:

@sirvar wrote:

This again is unlikely to happen as this self serve page is the old Koodo self serve, and it would be easier for them to just adopt the new Koodo self serve page instead, which most likely is mobile friendly (not 100% sure as I haven't used that before)

You’d be right in assuming Koodo’s self-serve is more mobile friendly. I switched just a day ago from Koodo! Public Mobile would probably do well just to copy them outright. 

@Shaheer here again i think the answer is "it depends".  Koodo's prepaid plans, to the best of my knowledge, use exactly the same self-serve system as Public Mobile (other than some colour and logo differences aka theming). 

However, Koodo's postpaid self-serve system is quite different indeed.  It's mobile-friendly/responsive, and much prettier than PM/prepaid-koodo's self serve on either desktop or mobile browser.

As a quick example, here's my current billing cycle usage from my Koodo account, on my Android phone:

Screenshot_20180721-090104.jpg

Right. It’s a lot better at Koodo as your screenshot shows but that’s the expectation since Koodo is a second-tier service.  

At the end of the day, if PM can implement it it’d be real nice and maybe after a while that’ll be the next logical step but as @will13am said, it’s best to take this service for what it is instead of what one wants it to be. 

I say what I say because the cornerstone of customer satisfaction comes from service providers meeting expectations.  People that come to this service with the mindset that it is full service and new features are a plenty, they are going to be hopping mad.  If you calibrate to the fact that WYSIWYG and nothing more, you will be totally content.  I am even satisfied that the password reset process involve private messaging the moderator team, despite what is written in the knowledge base. 

@srlawren wrote:

@Shaheer wrote:

@sirvar wrote:

This again is unlikely to happen as this self serve page is the old Koodo self serve, and it would be easier for them to just adopt the new Koodo self serve page instead, which most likely is mobile friendly (not 100% sure as I haven't used that before)

You’d be right in assuming Koodo’s self-serve is more mobile friendly. I switched just a day ago from Koodo! Public Mobile would probably do well just to copy them outright. 

@Shaheer here again i think the answer is "it depends".  Koodo's prepaid plans, to the best of my knowledge, use exactly the same self-serve system as Public Mobile (other than some colour and logo differences aka theming). 

However, Koodo's postpaid self-serve system is quite different indeed.  It's mobile-friendly/responsive, and much prettier than PM/prepaid-koodo's self serve on either desktop or mobile browser.

As a quick example, here's my current billing cycle usage from my Koodo account, on my Android phone:

Shaheer

@srlawren wrote:

@Shaheer wrote:

@sirvar wrote:

Right. It’s a lot better at Koodo as your screenshot shows but that’s the expectation since Koodo is a second-tier service.  

At the end of the day, if PM can implement it it’d be real nice and maybe after a while that’ll be the next logical step but as @will13am said, it’s best to take this service for what it is instead of what one wants it to be. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shaheer wrote:

@sirvar wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh well, thought I’d ask. Thanks.

Shaheer

@anya wrote:

@sirvar wrote:

App won't happen at all IMO. It costs too much to launch and maintain, which is not worth it for a prepaid service with such low volume and low plan cost compared to the other carriers. One thing they should invest in however, is making their self serve page mobile friendly. The community page I believe works well on a mobile screen but the self serve is not. This again is unlikely to happen as this self serve page is the old Koodo self serve, and it would be easier for them to just adopt the new Koodo self serve page instead, which most likely is mobile friendly (not 100% sure as I haven't used that before)

Talking of accessing the community page on a mobile, would anyone here know if there is a way to get rid of the chatbot icon in the bottom right corner? With so little real estate it’s often in the way (I’m using an iPhone 6S).

The chatbot’s permanent. I’m on an SE and it’s not that bad but, yeah, a toggle would probably be nice. 

anya

@sirvar wrote:

App won't happen at all IMO. It costs too much to launch and maintain, which is not worth it for a prepaid service with such low volume and low plan cost compared to the other carriers. One thing they should invest in however, is making their self serve page mobile friendly. The community page I believe works well on a mobile screen but the self serve is not. This again is unlikely to happen as this self serve page is the old Koodo self serve, and it would be easier for them to just adopt the new Koodo self serve page instead, which most likely is mobile friendly (not 100% sure as I haven't used that before)

Talking of accessing the community page on a mobile, would anyone here know if there is a way to get rid of the chatbot icon in the bottom right corner? With so little real estate it’s often in the way (I’m using an iPhone 6S).

Shaheer

@will13am wrote:

If it even costs me a wooden nickel, I would not want it.  Nothing is free. 

I hear ya!

Shaheer

@sirvar wrote:

@Shaheer wrote:

This is probably the best way to think about it. I'm not sure how much it costs a company to run a self-serve app but I imagine overhead is not non-considerable. I mean, Koodo shut down their self-serve app last June and I presume they are more profitable than PM—probably just wasn't worth it for them especially considering how undemanding their self-serve website is currently anyways.

Regardless, a neat little trick for PM iPhone users (Android users can probably do the same) is to create a web app. Just open selfserve.publicmobile.ca on Safari > Press Share > Add to Home Screen > Name it "Public Mobile" and voila! Save your password in Safari too and it's a quicker way to, at the least, check how much data you've used this month which is what I use it for. Nowhere near a native app but better than nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it even costs me a wooden nickel, I would not want it.  Nothing is free. 

sirvar

@Shaheer wrote:

Regardless, a neat little trick for PM iPhone users (Android users can probably do the same) is to create a web app. Just open selfserve.publicmobile.ca on Safari > Press Share > Add to Home Screen > Name it "Public Mobile" and voila! Save your password in Safari too and it's a quicker way to, at the least, check how much data you've used this month which is what I use it for. Nowhere near a native app but better than nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of all, this also works with Android and Chrome 😉

Shaheer

This is probably the best way to think about it. I'm not sure how much it costs a company to run a self-serve app but I imagine overhead is not non-considerable. I mean, Koodo shut down their self-serve app last June and I presume they are more profitable than PM—probably just wasn't worth it for them especially considering how undemanding their self-serve website is currently anyways.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Often discussed but will never be acted up.  This is a third tier service.  Buy it for what it is and not what you'd like it to be. 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.