cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network not available

moffa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm using a OnePlus 5 and whenever I try to make an outgoing call I get mobile network not available. I can receive calls though.

There hasn't been any software updates on my phone for a month so I don't think it's a bad update.

12 REPLIES 12

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@moffa try resetting your network settings as @Dunkman suggested

• open settings
    scroll down to system
    tap on reset options
    tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
    tap reset settings and restart

You might be right, I am guessing at this point. For number porting, the winning carrier allows outgoing calls immediately, but takes some time to take over the number for incoming calls. It would be opposite behaviour for the losing carrier.

@sheytoon wrote:

@moffa is your number being ported out to another provider without your consent? Check that right away and keep an eye on your bank accounts and other important sites that use SMS for authentication.

@sheytoon , this does not explain how incoming calls work.  The error notification is coming from the dialer app as if it thinks there is no network.  The app does respond properly to an incoming call.  

@moffa is your number being ported out to another provider without your consent? Check that right away and keep an eye on your bank accounts and other important sites that use SMS for authentication.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@moffa hi do you have another phone to try your sim in? this would help rule out a problem with your phone

@moffa wrote:

Hello,

I'm using a OnePlus 5 and whenever I try to make an outgoing call I get mobile network not available. I can receive calls though.

There hasn't been any software updates on my phone for a month so I don't think it's a bad update.

@Dunkman wrote:

@moffa 

Maybe try a network reset on your phone.  

Likely a hardware issue, but might want to rule out PM service problem.  Try putting your SIM card in another working phone is see whether that solves the problem.  If it works on another phone, then it is a hardware issue.  

It cannot be a hardware issue.  The same hardware is needed to make a call as receiving one.  If incoming calls work and outgoing calls don't, it is software.  

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@moffa 

@moffa wrote:

Hello,

@moffa Good morning are you on the 15 dollar plan if you are it is possible you are out of outgoing minutes a 5 dollar 500 minute add on will solve that problem if this is not the case and above suggestions are not working you may have a provisioning issue with your account you can click on the ? Bottom right hand corner and Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

@moffa 

Maybe try a network reset on your phone.  

Likely a hardware phone issue, but might want to rule out PM service problem.  Try putting your SIM card in another working phone is see whether that solves the problem.  If it works on another phone, then it is a hardware phone issue. (ie software problem with phone)  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

moffa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Didn't work sorry

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure that airplane mode is not on. When this mode is enabled, mobile networks are disabled, and incoming phone calls are sent to voicemail.

1. Head over to Settings and then go to Applications and then Settings and then go to the “Call” section. 
  2. One of the last resorts to fix can't make outgoing calls in Android is to factory reset. ...
  3. Another simple solution that has worked for a lot of users is to turn off your phone and take out the SIM card .If you are unable to make calls from your phone, there could be a problem with your phone's SIM card, damage to your phone, or an issue with your account or carrier. 
    Inspect the phone for physical or liquid damage.

Inspect the Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI) on the battery and in the battery compartment. The LDI should be solid white, or white with  pink or purple Xs

Verify and inspect and the SIM card.

Verify that the SIM card is correctly installed and not damaged. Contact the carrier for assistance testing the SIM or for a replacement. If you have another active phone on the same network, you may be able to exchange SIM cards between the phones to test them.

Contact your carrier.

If you recently changed carriers but kept using the same phone, you may need to contact the current carrier for assistance reprogramming the phone for their service. If you hear a recording every time you place a call, make note of what the recording says and contact the carrier.

Regards.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@moffa try restarting your phone.  Turn it off, remove and reinsert the SIM and restart it. Also dial a 1 in front of the number.  Stay safe.

Need Help? Let's chat.