cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data not working

VanPhone1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mobile Data isn't working for phone currently but text messaging and such does work

-Account Balance IS sufficient and account is active. 

-All network settings are correct to Public Mobile

-I have 500mb and have barely used any of it so that is not the issue 

-I've reset the phone network settings, restarted the internet, still doesn't work. 

I am running out of options and patience here as to why it stopped working.

• Can anyone help here? 
15 REPLIES 15

@VanPhone1 That add-on is expensive data of you regularly exceed your limit. You can do the math; just keep an eye on the $35+ plans. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@VanPhone1 wrote:

I ended up just buying another add on. The default 500mb + 500mb that shows up under "plan details" seems to have been eaten up rather quickly. 

Thanks guys much appreciated for the quick responses 

Good going.

Check your settings to see if you can maybe turn off some of the data consumers. While at home, take advantage of your wifi. Shaw has opened up their community wifi for free, so look for Shaw Go wifi on your phone when you're out and about.

VanPhone1

I ended up just buying another add on. The default 500mb + 500mb that shows up under "plan details" seems to have been eaten up rather quickly. 

Thanks guys much appreciated for the quick responses 

@VanPhone1 wrote:

I have nothing under add ons but my current plan is 500mb + 500mb 3g

Make sure you have at least $15 in Available Funds. Log into My Account / My Data and add-ons/ Purchase add-ons. The first selection in Data is the 1GB / $15.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@VanPhone1 try checking your network settings. make sure they are set to default to Public Mobile. I had this a week or so ago and realized my network settings were off.

Make sure to check your aelf serve account, although sounds like you may have done this already. 

@VanPhone1 if your data isn't showing in your plan, then it's used up. Try enabling data and sending an mms message. If it works your APN settings are correct. 

Your plan should jave xxx/500mb at 3g speed. Something like this20200419_140531.jpg

@VanPhone1 wrote:

Sounds like you've consumed your data allottment for this period until next renewal. You can buy a 1GB data add-on for $15.

@VanPhone1 If not showing up under data and add-ons then it is gone it can go very quickly it can even be used up by apps updating You can also check in your data usage to see if it’s gone sometimes depending on how you have your settings configured if wifi goes down then data takes over and you don't even know it I can tell you that from experience lol

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@VanPhone1 wrote:

Mobile Data isn't working for phone currently but text messaging and such does work

-Account Balance IS sufficient and account is active. 

-All network settings are correct to Public Mobile

-I have 500mb and have barely used any of it so that is not the issue 

-I've reset the phone network settings, restarted the internet, still doesn't work. 

I am running out of options and patience here as to why it stopped working.

• Can anyone help here? 

Log into My Account / Data & Add-ons. If you see no data mentioned then it's been used up. You can buy a data add-on for $15.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@VanPhone1  If your using an Android device:

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

VanPhone1

It is a Samsung s6

VanPhone1

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@VanPhone1 Hello go into your self serve and check under my data and Add ons and see if you have any data if not it is all Used up

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@VanPhone1  what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.