cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Promotion

Daninava
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for a public mobile account two days ago (Dec13) on a 40 dollar plan and paid for a SIM card. Now there is a promo starting December 15 (today) that offers a free month and a free sim upon new activation. What are the chances that I could get that credit applied to my account?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daninava wrote:

I just signed up for a public mobile account two days ago (Dec13) on a 40 dollar plan and paid for a SIM card. Now there is a promo starting December 15 (today) that offers a free month and a free sim upon new activation. What are the chances that I could get that credit applied to my account?

When I signed up I didn't really know about the community. I just looked at rates and thought sign me up. Then I got into the community and saw a promotion appear and thought well rats I guess I missed that one. Oh well. Then another one came that I totally would have gone for. Come on.

I think it would be nice if there was something like a 30 day price protection.

Anyway...I asked real nice like and the mods at the time did do a little something for me. Not the whole value of whatever promotion but something. So that was nice. One can't go in expecting anything though.

ooakosiryan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since you're only paid for your first month, you could just activate a new SIM online on January first with a new email and using referral code. You would get $25 for using the referral code and $60 off per month ($10/mo for 6 months) and it would only cost you a $10 SIM, so it's well worth it at a $75 value (better than the in-store promotion of a free SIM and a free month). If you want to keep your current phone number, you could port it to a super cheap service (like Chatr, which would cost you $10 for a SIM and $10 forthe cheapest plan), and then just port it back to Public Mobile for the promotion, so it would still give you $55 of net value, which is worth giving up two weeks of paid service for. Up to  you if you're willing to go through the hassle (I would haha Smiley LOL)

@stewart1 wrote:

Offer good until Jan 2019

@stewart1You are speaking of a different offer. Op said "Free month and free sim".https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-your-next-30-days-of-service-...

@Daninava wrote:

that offers a free month and a free sim upon new activation

@stewart1You are talking about a different offer From December 15 to January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

Both offers are different. One is in store, one is online. One can stack with $25 bonus credit one canno't. One gives free sim one does not. One gives free month one does not. One gives $10 x 6 month credit one does not.

Depending on if you have a friend referral and how much your plan cost is, either one may be better to go with.

stewart1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Offer good until Jan 2019

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try sending a private message to the moderators, but I wouldn't count on it. I have seen them be understanding in the past in these situations. Good luck!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Daninava wrote:

@DaninavaSorry, I know it sucks. I missed out on one of these when I signed up too. This becomes very complicated. The trouble with this is if they gave it to you, what about the other people who signed up the day before you? Or the week before? Or the month before? Where do they draw the line? They drew the line at exact dates in the promotion. If they gave it to you, then everyone else regardless of date of sign up should get it too.

December 15, 2018 until December 31, 2018 at 11:59PM ET

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Daninava

Sorry...but not likely...

Need Help? Let's chat.