cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message "Sorry ,your login has been disabled." when trying to log in to pay for data

Maturity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I only use the tablet infrequently and my research indicates that if it has been 3 months then the SIM is dead and can't be re-enabled.  Is this really correct?   My goal was to turn on the data for the tablet again for my darling wife to use for a visit to help her mom.

Thanks,  M

7 REPLIES 7

@Shutdown wrote:

If your just getting data for tablet plan then you could always get fido http://www.fido.ca/consumer/tablets $15 for 2gb. You missed the $15 for 3gb promos though.

@Shutdown

I think that's a postpaid plan open to existing Fido customers / to be combined with a "full" plan.

My understanding is that the OP is using their tablet very infrequently, so this might not fit their needs very closely.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your just getting data for tablet plan then you could always get fido http://www.fido.ca/consumer/tablets $15 for 2gb. You missed the $15 for 3gb promos though.

Assuming that usage gaps of more than 3 months are common for you, Public Mobile might actually not be the best / most cost economic choice for you if keeping SIM and phone number active is important. Depends on the plan you are using as well, though.

Considering that the cheapest option to keep your PM SIM and number active for a full year (365 days instead of 3 x 30day plan + 88 days suspension in between {88 days just in case there is a hick-up and you need the moderator team's help}) is 4*$20=$80 for the 30day text only plan. And you need to remember 3 renewal dates.

I did the math for relatives who are visiting Canada once a year for 3 to 4 weeks and like the convenience of popping an active SIM into their phone before their plane lands.

With SpeakOut,  $60 (12*$1.25/month = $15 "911 fee" + $45 plan cost) gives them 100 Canada wide minutes, unlimited Canada wide texts and 1GB of data.

With PM, unlimited Canada wide calls, global text and 1GB data, plus the three texting cycles to maintain the account and number, comes to $42+(3*$20) = $102.

I admit, I'm probably somewhat comparing apples and pears here, though. And I acknowledge that there might be even better options out there but these two are readily accessible and have a solid and reliable network in my neck of the woods.

If my relatives would be ok with getting a new SIM and phone number every time they come over, the story looks different: SIM card pricing is $10 for both providers.

I did the examples with vouchers I have access to because both providers don't accept foreign credit cards on their online portals. I guess the "change" could be considered a service fee. 😉

A $50 SpeakOut top-up voucher would cover the 100min Canada wide talk / unlimited Canada wide text / 1GB value plan and the $1.25 "911 fee" for that month [=$46.25].

Two $25 Public Mobile vouchers would open a whole bunch of better options for $47:

- Unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited global text, 2GB of "3G" data (1+1bonus as of 10/14/17);

- Unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited globaltext, 1GB LTE data;

- Unlimited province wide talk, unlimited global text, 4GB "3G" data (2+2bonus as of 10/14/17); *

- Unlimited province wide talk, unlimited global text, 2GB LTE data. *

* With the higher data bucket with the province wide talk they could make their occasional Canada wide calls on Fongo, etc.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

You can get another sim right away from a nearby Walmart and sign up with PM. 

If you can wait then just order a sim online. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Just clarifying the wording: Your account will be permanently closed and your number is lost 90 days after the last active day of your last plan. If it was a 10day plan it's 100 days after the last activation, for a 30day plan 120days, or 180 days after activating a 90day plan.

As @will13am has pointed out if you've hit the according of the above benchmarks you'll have to get a new SIM card (available at Walmart electronic or cell phone counters or at WOW shops, as well as online) and set up a new account with a new phone number and plan.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hi, your account will only be disbaled after90 days if it has not been paid for. you will need a new sim card to activate it again. wish you all the best 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Suspended accounts are closed after 90 days.  A new SIM card is required to start a new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.