cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making calls while i am in France to other people also in France - not calls to Canada

Fanny73
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had asked before but not made it clear that i am not going to be calling anyone outside of France.

A couple of responses suggested TextNow which I can look at unless someone knows otherwise.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@Fanny73,

You will need to buy a local sim from a French company if you wish to use your phone in France.  Public Mobile doesn't provide any services in France, nor anywhere else in the world, except for the USA.

So i was wrong, they got 50g and unlimited North America fit about $15 cad. I suspect if you don't need that much you can find something cheaper too. 

My friends were bragging that they pay $5-$7 monthly for cell phone, in another country thought so i wasn't sure. They also change sim cards like socks too. 

Here is the link  https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/98k031/bestcheapest_canadian_phone_plan/

Hope it helps

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I heard a rumour that they have very very low rates over there you get 15g of data unlimited talk with us and Canada for something like $17 or so. Better look for somebody from there, I believe there was a thread on Reddit by visiting student in Montreal who was asking for similar plan here in Canada and it may be only one or two weeks old. Look it up it's may be on public mobile subreddit any try to message them

Cheers

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Fanny73 wrote:

I had asked before but not made it clear that i am not going to be calling anyone outside of France.

A couple of responses suggested TextNow which I can look at unless someone knows otherwise.

Thank you

TextNow etc will require you to connect to WiFi. (There are no roaming options outside of the US with Public Mobile, your phone will not connect to a local network in France. Period.)

I personally would get a local SIM on arrival. https://boutique.orange.fr/mobile/carte-prepayee-orange-holiday-eng as an example, there are plenty of other options (it also depends how long you are there, obviously.)

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

cell serive not available by PM in Europe. So try to use something that is wi-fi based, not cell based. I've used facetime/audio.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fanny73 wrote:

Thank you

I don't believe Telus has any partners overseas so you would likely need to have a local SIM or a Traveller's SIM. I could be mistaken and I welcome a correction. The International calling add-ons for PM are meant for calls still originating in Canada and not in France.

Need Help? Let's chat.