cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a payment from my balance

MLM75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account got suspended. I missed the payment date. I thought it was midnight my time zone. I forgot my bank card at home and couldn't process the payment until I got home. 

Anyway, I have the correct amount in my balance but I don't know where to go from there. When I go to payment options it is either Visa debit or voucher. 

How do I reactivate my account? This is my first month on Public.  

10 REPLIES 10

People don't really sit down and think what it means to use a Prepaid rather than a Postpaid plan. All PM plans are Prepaid. You are buying 30 days of service and then it expires and you can reactivate it by purchasing another 30 days whenever you want to. Part of this was scheme included 90 day Prepaid plans and even 10 day plans in the past.

To make it easier to use as a regular continuous phone plan they make it check to see if you have added enough funds to your account just before your plan expires and if so it will automatically use that to activate another 30 days for you. Then to go one step further that made a way for it to put a charge through to your credit card to buy you another 30 days if you opt in to the Autopay scheme and if there wasn’t already enough funds sitting on your account to cover a renewal.

So lots of moving parts and sometimes they need some oil it seems. That sort of explains what goes on around here with plan renewals.... why it seems so different than other cell plans which most likely were Postpaid. With Postpaid you went through a credit check and they determined that you were most likely good for any expenses you accrue so they allow you to use services such as roaming or long distance calling and then pay for them afterwards. PM didn’t do a credit check on customers so you can only use what you have paid for already. And just because you have a credit card registered, it is only there to permit one renewal charge every 30 days, not to cover any and all extra expenses you attempt to run up during the month.

I know, not applicable to the OP’s scenario... I must just feel like I need to explain thisngs today!

AE_Collector

MLM75

Yes it did. It processed through overnight, but yes, very disconcerting for sure. Thabks for the reply

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This is what it looks like, @MLM75  (see below)

It is the alarming and disconcerting message Public Mobile offers to it's customers, appearing in the self-serve portal in the hours before their renewal.  I've never quite understood the purpose of issuing this message, except their systems must 'need' it to enable auto-pay to function as designed.

Certainly not ideal:

HALIMACS_0-1614779803237.png

@MLM75 

You could almost call this public mobile's initiation for newcomers as almost every customer including ourselves have fallen for this on our first renewal and hit the panic buttons.

Depending where you live about 3 hours before midnight eastern ( so 6pm for me in Vancouver) your account will say "plan expired" it then moves to "account suspended" by midnight where you will notice your plan data resets (and minute counter if you are on the $15 plan) and is also about the time your rewards get applied to your account.

If you look at your payment history you will see the $ amounts. Then the $10 BASIC PLAN CHARGE is applied and either the $5/100 MIN TALK BOOSTER or your ie $30/5GB DATA AT 3G SPEED ( or whatever your data amount happens to be) this will subtract from your balance or if your balance doesn't cover it autopay will kick in usually by 2 am et. Then sometime between then and 6am your account returns back to "active" status and all is good with the world again.

The basic rule of thumb is if you still have service you're good to go...... You passed the test...you're one of us now! Welcome to the community....we're always happy to help.

@DarianDNewell wrote:

4) check plan to see if the date has changed by one month.

The date doesn't always change by one month when the plan's renewed. Most Public Mobile plans are 30 days.

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To trouble shoot or test to see if you need to:

1)Check your account renewal date.

2) check your data to see if it has rest back to 0. If it has your phone reset.

3) check remaining funds--have they been removed?

4) check plan to see if the date has changed by one month.

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile will use your available funds to pay for you plan before resorting to charging your credit card via autopay. But if you don't have autopsy I'm unsure if your funds will be taken out significant from your remaining funds.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MLM75 wrote:

Oh good, here I thought I had messed up somehow. It's my first month and service has been excellent. I didnt want to mess it up lol. Thank you for such a quick response.

So if all your services are working and you have enough in your Available Funds then do nothing. You will be fine.

MLM75

Oh good, here I thought I had messed up somehow. It's my first month and service has been excellent. I didnt want to mess it up lol. Thank you for such a quick response.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MLM75 wrote:

My account got suspended. I missed the payment date. I thought it was midnight my time zone. I forgot my bank card at home and couldn't process the payment until I got home. 

Anyway, I have the correct amount in my balance but I don't know where to go from there. When I go to payment options it is either Visa debit or voucher. 

How do I reactivate my account? This is my first month on Public.  

Is today your renewal date? If you have enough money in Available Funds and all your services are working then everything is fine. Those are the normal messages in self service at renewal.

If you did miss your renewal date and you have no services, but have funds in your account is there a reactivate button?

Need Help? Let's chat.