cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make an update to ensure uninterrupted service

scadaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text today telling me to login to my account to "Make an update to ensure uninterrupted service". I logged in but couldn't find anything to update. Anything I need to do?

15 REPLIES 15

@vucliriel 

You are one of the lucky ones.....the autopay credit card expiry warning text is still very YMMV. Most who don't pay attention to their automatic payments when they get a new card in the mail go thru service suspension from an autopay failure. I would love to know what triggers the reminder text from 611(pm) for sme but not others. 

vucliriel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think this may be it, although THERE IS NO CLUE IN THE "2/2" 611 MESSAGE (Why is there no "1/2"?). I just checked my credit card and it does expire at the end of the month and my bank is in the habit of not sending a replacement until the last few weeks for 'security' reasons. Well at least this gives me an early warning, lol.

Recommendation: include the term 'update credit card' in the 611 message. How difficult could it be?

@scadaman 

You wont be able to check the expiry date it will just give you a blank form to refill the card information.

"Remove" removes all information from the system including the autopay permission.

"Replace" keeps information stored but allows you to update the information by refilling out the form with the same card but new info like address or expiry date or a different card altogether and leaves your autopay permission untouched.

Have you recently recieved this card with an expiry 5 years from now that is the maximum amount of years ahead most cards have.....unless you have recently updated the info it is due to have the expiry date updated. Best to do this change with a cleared browser history with one tab open in secret/incognito mode in chrome, firefox or safari to avoid error messages.

I would suggest contacting a moderator.  The system has issues with credit cards that have long expiry dates.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

scadaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not get a new credit card.

My credit card does not expire until 2025

The text was a 2/2 611 message but there was no reference to a credit card. The exact message was as follows:

Please visit  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca to make an update to ensure uninterrupted service. (2/2)

I logged into my account (not using the link) to check the expiry date for the credit card. There are 2 options: Replace this credit card or remove this credit card. Which option to I use just to check the expiry date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@kselmak 

see folks day 360 and im still learning important new things on the community!

Looking left...looking right...did you say darlicious knew everything?...did you say darlicious knew everything? No eh. Yeah I know I didn't. 🙂 

@kselmak 

Wow thanks i learned something new today! I thought the credit card is expiring notification was a wishlist request......theres a couple members who should be very happy with this news. As I am late learning of it.....see folks day 360 and im still learning important new things on the community!

@kselmak  for some reason when I got one it was only the second one. Stay safe. 

You are right @gblackma @gpixel 

I overreacted, according to this post there should have been two texts

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Credit-Card-expiry-notificati... 

And the second one matches yours.

Just make sure it's from 611, still strange that there is only one.

@scadaman 

Thats the first thing i thought......check your credit card expiry date like @gblackma says!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@scadaman as @gblackma said check your credit card expiry login to your self serve and click on the "payment" tab and click on "manage my card" to update

change credit card-01.jpeg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@scadaman is your credit card expiring? Did you receive a new credit card. Could the text be a 2/2 611 message telling you to update it in your self service account.  Stay safe. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@scadaman 

I think you clicked on a fake link.  They can make it look real.  Public doesn't send anything telling you to log in. There is a payment reminder a few days before renewal.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hope you didn't press any links
If you did I would advise you to go to Publicmobile.ca and change password and security question as well as mispell your name. Maybe it's legitimate but I wouldn't risk it, can you copy any links (don't click) and paste into a text file to see where they actually take you?

Does l your service work?

Need Help? Let's chat.