Did you mean: 

Made a payment phone isn't connected

Florida1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yummy 

That's a great suggestion for the OP and others stumbling across this thread.  🙂

There are different strategies as workarounds to maintain service with Public Mobile.  I've done something similar, and others have also used vouchers/etc that work just as well.  The fact still exists that there are still many glitches out there, some of which have better workarounds than others.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB wrote:

Public Mobile is known to have a lot of glitches, including payment.

To avoid payment glitches, hybrid payment model has been recommended to me from day 1.

As soon as you get notification SMS from PM that your payment is due, just manually add appropriate amount and you are good to go. Funds will be taken from your account first, then if needed from your card.

I have not heard as of yet that payment failed if you had funds on your account...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Florida1 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Florida1 

A lot of good ideas here, however, if you're already chatting with a CS Agent, they are staff and will ultimately look into your account and help you out.

Public Mobile is known to have a lot of glitches, including payment.  If you see the funds in Payment History then you've already checked the right things.  If your Account Status is "Suspended" and if the funds appear (logout, login again) then you may need to Reactivate your account.

Regardless, the CS Agent will let you know exactly what you need to do... let us know how it goes!  🙂

On renewal day account will show:

Yummy_0-1634046528912.png

As long as you have service this is not a cause for alarm. PM will update account status during next day.

The best thing is NOT to look at your account on renewal day to save yourself from anxiety.

@Florida1 wrote:

My credit card shows it went thru right away 

Is it still showing Suspended on My Account?

Logoff from My Account  and try to reboot the phone once more and see if you have the service

Florida1

My credit card shows it went thru right away 

@Florida1 wrote:

When I check my account and look at payment history it shows I made a payment but the available funds still show zero and I’m chatting with support they see my plan has been renewed but it doesn’t show on my account info 

@Florida1 

If the Payment history shows you made a payment , it's normal the available funds show zero. There are funds showing only when payments didn't go through.

Edit:  You can also try to Suspend then Resume service to see if it would speed up reactivation of the account.

My Plan & Add-ons >Lost/Stolen Phone > Suspend service

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Florida1 

1) Call 611 on your phone to see if you get any message.

2) Try logging in to your account.

If you can't, your account may have been deactivated (if you have made no payment for ~4 months)

If you can still call 611, try making a payment with a voucher (or via credit card if you have a still valid card registered to your account but you'll need your PIN for that). That should reactivate your phone if it's only suspended.

Edit: If you're already in contact with CS, then better wait to see what they say.

Florida1

When I check my account and look at payment history it shows I made a payment but the available funds still show zero and I’m chatting with support they see my plan has been renewed but it doesn’t show on my account info 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Florida1   did you make the payment on My account or via 611?

If you logon to My Account, do you see your account still showing suspended or Active? 

do you see the payment you just made showing on Available Fund? 

If it shows suspended and you do see the money you paid sitting as Available Fund,, try to make $1 more using Other.    If successful, check to see if you have the button Reactivate current plan and click on it, 

Then logoff from My Account and Reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.