Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim before setting up self serve

REETOTTAL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi ,

I work at the store ,

customer came here to my store to get public sim card ..he was in rush so we set it up and after 5 min he came back that he lost the sim card . I dont have his any information how i can give him his number back ??

11 REPLIES 11

Early in the thread you setup a 'random email' address, as the customer didn't supply one.  Why would you do that?  What was the email address, was it even valid, and why would you send personal information of a customer to a 'random email' addres?  WOW... really bad servcie from a sale agent at a reatail location that sells Public Mobile SIM cards.

@REETOTTAL wrote:

I dont think so that they have any retail support group .if u know any number please provide me .

I have heard from other reps that they do have access for an emergency. I do not have the number. Your supervisor or collegue should have it. 

REETOTTAL

I dont think so that they have any retail support group .if u know any number please provide me .

@REETOTTAL wrote:

Thank you for helping me , I did send them msg let see whats gonna happen .

Oh wait, as a retail rep, do you not have access to call center? Give it a try tomorrow, it will be quicker. 

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@REETOTTAL wrote:

Yes number is already ported out , that time i thought there is some problem with sim card . I tried to port out the number to rogerd with pin , they didnt port it back they send the msg to the customer that rogers need more information to port that number . What should i do now ?

I don't have a solution for now. If it has been port out from Rogers successfully, Rogers will be out of the picture now.

What you need to do is to by all means, try to get the customer's phone number, and the PIN of public mobile. Try to port it to a different carrier rather than Rogers and port it back to public mobile.

Unless you manage to get the self-serve access and change the SIM card there. Or contact the moderator team to change the SIM card, which I am not sure if the customer can even create a profile in the first place, plus it can take up to 4-5 days. Porting to a different carrier and back to PM, is the only solution I can think of that can be fast. Moderator team is your last resort.

REETOTTAL

Thank you for helping me , I did send them msg let see whats gonna happen .

@REETOTTAL Most likely you did not create the self-serve account if you used your retail activation portal. Sim swap should've been easy if the customer had access to the self-serve account. Now the only way to get the sim number changed is to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will do it from their end. Customer might need to provide his/her details to verify the account. Expect to wait at least 2-3 days as they are running behind with a lot of inquiries. 

REETOTTAL

Yes number is already ported out , that time i thought there is some problem with sim card . I tried to port out the number to rogerd with pin , they didnt port it back they send the msg to the customer that rogers need more information to port that number . What should i do now ?

hzmy

@REETOTTAL wrote:

He didnt provide me any email during activation so i just put the random email there , his number is ported out from rogers , i dont have his account number , because at the end of activations it gave me login error or something like that .. but i did recharge it with vocher ..i still remember the pin and number but now i cant port out that number without sim card. Whats the solution now 

So, was the port completed from Rogers in the first place?

Did you guys even try to make a phone call to test if things are working fine? In which case, you will have the number saved.

Or check if the number has been saved under Chrome's auto complete by any chance?

Will the customer come back to you tmr?

Since porting within PM seems to be impossible, correct me if I am wrong.

If there is no access to self serve, I can only think of port the number to some other provider first, and then port back to public mobile, and create the profile again.

But you should be able to port with just knowing the number and the PIN you set.

It's a tough situation though, I have to say.

REETOTTAL

He didnt provide me any email during activation so i just put the random email there , his number is ported out from rogers , i dont have his account number , because at the end of activations it gave me login error or something like that .. but i did recharge it with vocher ..i still remember the pin and number but now i cant port out that number without sim card. Whats the solution now 

hzmy

@REETOTTAL wrote:

Hi ,

I work at the store ,

customer came here to my store to get public sim card ..he was in rush so we set it up and after 5 min he came back that he lost the sim card . I dont have his any information how i can give him his number back ??

I don't know if the customer has ported his number or not, but one way I can think of is to get the customer a new card, and port that number to the new card, or just use change SIM card option.

If you need to port that number, hopefully the customer still remembers the number, or you might have saved the number somewhere? I don't know. Try self-serve anyways. If you got the self-serve access, or he has it, it should be quite easy to remediate the issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.