cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Seanboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone this week. I doubt I will get it back. I have put my account on hold. 

Is it possible to keep the same phone number when I buy a new phone?

10 REPLIES 10

dev_chris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome. Thanks @GreatCanadian

Glad I found Public Mobile.

Cheers!

vanessapage

Yes, you can change your service to a new sim card. Sorry that you've lost your phone 😞

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dev_chris you'll find your self-serve account pretty useful and fairly straightforward pretty quickly. You won't want Walmart to activate a replacement SIM for you, or change a plan. It can be done in seconds in self-serve in a matter of seconds  Seriously, it won't take you a minute. You'll love it here. As well, you're already in the community forum so you are off to a great start!! 

GC 

@dev_chris wrote:

I wouldn't be too comfortable logging into a machine like that. But I understand, I guess that's the only option they have according to your knowledge.

That is why you can do it from home in your own selfserve account.  You don't need the assistance of someone from Walmart

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dev_chris

I wouldn't be too comfortable logging into a machine like that. But I understand, I guess that's the only option they have according to your knowledge.

@dev_chris wrote:

@GreatCanadian

I guess I would bring the ID if I was to ask the person to help me out with activating the SIM on the spot. 

For them to activate a replacement SIM on the spot they would need your account email and login password.  They can't look up your account and ask for ID to verify it is you.  You must login.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dev_chris

@GreatCanadian

I guess I would bring the ID if I was to ask the person to help me out with activating the SIM on the spot. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Doesn't need ID. Just purchase a SIM and do what @ShawnC13 suggested.

GC 

dev_chris

Yes, you should be able to keep the same number evening if you lost your sim.

When you go Public Mobile reseller, just make sure you bring suitable ID and you should be able to purchase a new SIM and keep your number.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Seanboy wrote:

I lost my phone this week. I doubt I will get it back. I have put my account on hold. 

Is it possible to keep the same phone number when I buy a new phone?

Yes when you get a new phone you will need a new sim.  You will then login and go to change SIM, enter the new SIM number and your current number will now be asigned to that SIM.

When you say you put your account on hold you mean you went in and submitted that your phone was lost or stolen?  This doesn't extend your pre-paid current plan it will still expire at the same time it just makes your current sim useless.

Need Help? Let's chat.