cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my SIM card

Kruss
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I activated a sim card yesterday, but my cousin who left town today, left it in his bag and left the country with the sim and the confirmation with all the info. It was a new phone number and I don’t remember it. I have the sim information, the pin I set up and my email, password. I will like to do a sim transfer but I can’t set up shelve serve due to not knowing the number. 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Kruss wrote:

I activated a sim card yesterday, but my cousin who left town today, left it in his bag and left the country with the sim and the confirmation with all the info. It was a new phone number and I don’t remember it. I have the sim information, the pin I set up and my email, password. I will like to do a sim transfer but I can’t set up shelve serve due to not knowing the number. 

@Kruss  Option 4: Have your cousin send the sim card back via registered mail. 

@geopublic  - I think it would actually be easier/quicker/cheaper to recover the account and buy a new SIM.  🙂

@Anonymous Let's assume worst case scenario. 72 Hours for the moderator to respond + whatever time he needs to verify that he is the legit account owner + time to go out and purchase a new sim assuming that the account was verified.

I'm just offering another option the OP can decide.

@geopublic  - It's all good.  I primary assumption was that nothing could get to Canada from out of country in less than a week.  Plus the cost would likely be more than the price of a new SIM.

Getting the sim back is a great idea, as it would allow for ensuring control over the account.  Delaying the actual usage of the sim, getting it set up, and being able to ensure autopay is not active (if you've already started a new SIM) is keeping money in your pocket.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Kruss wrote:

@geopublic  - I think it would actually be easier/quicker/cheaper to recover the account and buy a new SIM.  🙂

@Anonymous Let's assume worst case scenario. 72 Hours for the moderator to respond + whatever time he needs to verify that he is the legit account owner + time to go out and purchase a new sim assuming that the account was verified.

I'm just offering another option the OP can decide.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Kruss wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kruss wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kruss wrote:

You will need to get a new sim.  As you haven't set up the self serve yet you will definitely need the assistance of the moderators and have to verify you are the account owner to even move forward.  Just activating yesterday and now want to change the sim number can set off alarms for account hijacking.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.