cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost cell conection?

Todlich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to PM several days ago with a Nexus 5, with no issues. I have sent and received calls, used the text messaging and the data also worked. This is 3 days later and I have lost the ability to make or receive calls, everything else works.

I have tried rebooting, removing and reinstalling the sim but to no avail. Can anyone suggest what to do next?

21 REPLIES 21

@Todlich the problem is your phone was forced to "LTE only" mode. This will disable calling on Public Mobile.

You need to have both LTE (4G) and UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA (3G) enabled in order to get voice calls to work.

@Todlich wrote:

I did a factory reset and phone now does not see the sim card.

@TodlichDo you have a WiFi connection available. After a factory reset the phone will require to download updates to your phone. If the PM sim is not recognized to you have another sim other than PM that you can use?

@GinYVR wrote:

I got a feeling your phone is on its last legs. I would advice backup your phone and search for alternatives.

The phone is ~5 years old. It has a pretty good run.

@GinYVR  the OP just mentioned that they just did a factory reset just above your post so a phone backup is not going to make a difference at this point.

I got a feeling your phone is on its last legs. I would advice backup your phone and search for alternatives.

The phone is ~5 years old. It has a pretty good run.

Todlich

I did a factory reset and phone now does not see the sim card.

@Todlich wrote:

I am on 30day 5GB Unlimited Canada Wide Talk, Unlimited International Text.

Tried the #611 with no response, it disconnected after a 10 secounds.

No change to phone, 

@Todlich  Should be *611 or 611 not #611. Smiley Happy

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks like somthing is off with ur settings...

Worth trying a network reset. Next recommendation would be to ust wipe the phone if feasible and start from scratch (this avoids having to search for that one setting that is off).

Hopefully the network reset gets you going!

@Todlich wrote:

A lot of info from the *#*#4636#*#* that i do not understand but network is showing LTE

@Todlich  If it's set to LTE only then that could be the problem. Go into your settings -> Network & Internet  -> Mobile Netoworks -> Preferred network type and set it to 3G and see if it makes a difference. Also boot your phone in safe mode and see it works. If it does then it's possible that an App might be causing the problem.

Todlich

A lot of info from the *#*#4636#*#* that i do not understand but network is showing LTE

Todlich

Tried the network reset to no avail....

@Todlich wrote:

I am considering reseting the phone but only as a last resort, does anyone have another suggestion?

@Todlich  If you dial *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information under Select preferred network type waht is listed? It should be LTE/UMTS/CDMA/auto  or something similar.

Todlich

I am considering reseting the phone but only as a last resort, does anyone have another suggestion?

@Todlich 

Is your phone on "do not disturb" mode?  

Maybe a network reset or even a factory reset (back up information).  

Todlich

I am on 30day 5GB Unlimited Canada Wide Talk, Unlimited International Text.

Tried the #611 with no response, it disconnected after a 10 secounds.

No change to phone, 

Todlich

I tried my sim in my husbands cell and it worked.

His sim in my phone does not work.

I will work with your suggestions on the settings

Todlich

I tried my sim in my husbands cell and it worked.

His sim in my phone does not work.

@Todlich wrote:

I am on 30day 5GB Unlimited Canada Wide Talk, Unlimited International Text. TY for all suggestions.

@Todlich  So from your response  it's not your plan. The fact that you can send and recieve texts also suggests that you are connected to the PM network so it must be a phone setting or a hardware related issue. Do you have another phone to test with?

Todlich

I am on 30day 5GB Unlimited Canada Wide Talk, Unlimited International Text. TY for all suggestions.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Todlich  what plan are you on? 

are you able to try the sim in a different phone to isolate account vs hardware issues.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Todlich wrote:

I switched to PM several days ago with a Nexus 5, with no issues. I have sent and received calls, used the text messaging and the data also worked. This is 3 days later and I have lost the ability to make or receive calls, everything else works.

I have tried rebooting, removing and reinstalling the sim but to no avail. Can anyone suggest what to do next?

@TodlichWhat plan are you on? If you are on limited minutes plan is it possible you used up all your minutes? When you login into your account is your account active? Also, call *611 from your phone what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.