cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Sim card while traveling, no self serve

Newuser44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello friends 😊, unfortunately I lost my public mobile sim card while I was traveling and I am unable to register cause I can't get a text msg because I don't have the Sim card with me.

17 REPLIES 17

@Newuser44 wrote:

How long does the moderator team take to respond?

Depending on work-loads, it can take 48 hours...but usually much less.

Newuser44

How long does the moderator team take to respond?

@Newuser44, As you don't have access to the My Account module, you'll need to private message the Moderator_Team.  Use that name (Moderator_Team) with the envelope icon in the top right corner of all Community screens.

Please provide your problem, and also mention you do not have a self-serve account created at this time.  You should look in your personal email for the welcome message from Public Mobile to get your other details about your activation to help provide veriction info.

Once you do get the new SIM registered, ensure you create a Self-Serve account.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And, perhaps, a lesson to use a password manager like Lastpass. That way, you just remember one master password and generate individial passwords for each of your accounts.

@Newuser44 wrote:

Which mods could I contact?

@Newuser44  I don't think you have a choice Smiley Happyclick here for more info.

Newuser44

I'm in Canada

Newuser44

Which mods could I contact?

Newuser44

But I can't access self serve cause I didn't register the account online.

TheOldVR

@NDesai wrote:

Lesson for those who activated in stores to create a self-serve account right away. 

And don't lose your password like my cousin did!

Yeah - you know who you are!!!!!! Smiley Mad

Lesson for those who activated in stores to create a self-serve account right away. 

Seems like a lot of people are losing their PM sims lately Smiley Sad...not sure what's going on.Smiley Frustrated

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you travelling in Canada or another country? If you are outside Canada it looks like you will need to get back before you can change your card. Since even if you try to order a new SIM online they only ship within Canada (which is kind of weird).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newuser44 wrote:

Hello friends 😊, unfortunately I lost my public mobile sim card while I was traveling and I am unable to register cause I can't get a text msg because I don't have the Sim card with me.

Yeah I'm not sure why you use the word register. Go back into your self-serve and do everything from there. First suspend service in the lost/stolen feature. Then buy a new SIM, Change SIM in self-serve, resume service...done.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Newuser44 wrote:

@Newuser44  The only way is you need to be able to verify you are the account holder when contacting the mods.

TheOldVR

Ummmm...was this an active SIM card with PM?

If yes, I suggest you message a MOD and get the account put on hold asap....

@Newuser44 Be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days...Smiley Happy

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Newuser44 wrote:

Oups...You need to buy a new sim card and change the sim number in your self-serve account..but because you can't have access to your account ( did you try the button FORGET MY PASSWORD?)you will need help from the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.