cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance

A44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve been paying for long distance for 4 months now and still can’t make a long distance call.  It says my plan doesn’t include it when I try.  I’ve messaged several times to the moderators, who say yes, I do indeed have long distance in my plan, but still nothing, and I can’t even call to complain!!

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi

A44

5 hours of the beautiful natural sound of crickets.

@sunflowershine wrote:

Hi, sorry to hear that. I may reconsider to purchase an add-on international long distance for I have not done so. 

I would not consider this the norm. I have personally used add-ons without issue and many have done the same. I believe there is something else going on here that we do not have enough information to identify.

The only thing with international long distance add-on is to make sure that the country you want to call is included in the list of countries that is accessible.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi, sorry to hear that. I may reconsider to purchase an add-on international long distance for I have not done so. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@A44 wrote:

I’ve been paying for long distance for 4 months now and still can’t make a long distance call.  It says my plan doesn’t include it when I try.  I’ve messaged several times to the moderators, who say yes, I do indeed have long distance in my plan, but still nothing, and I can’t even call to complain!!

Hi, 4 months is a long time. 

What plan do you have or are you using a long distance add-on?

Have you had this issue since you activated, after a plan change or did it just start happening all of a sudden?

Can you post a screenshot of your payment history back to when this started? (some people mistakenly purchase a US roaming add-on when they need a Canada LD add-on)

From here we can make suggestions on how to fix the issue or ensure the MODs fully understand your issue so they can fix it.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Once you buy a long distance add on if not all used in one month will carry forward to the next month. So I am not sure why you are paying month after month. 

If you are calling these 6 Digit number combo even with a long distance add on will not work: 

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

I would try dialing 1 before the 10 digit number(s)you are  calling to see if that works. If that does not work I would try a new sim and activation . Do another long distance add on and if that works for long distance , then log in to your online account and click on "change my number " and click on port in my number to get your old number back you had trouble making long distance calls from. Then see if you can make them with this old  number now. Hoping this helps you . 

Cheers 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@A44 are you trying to call a specific number or multiple different ones?

I am assuming it's a Canadian number. 

I know if I misdial (extra or missing number) I get that type of  message. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try dialing 1 before the number when you call.

A44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve also reinserted my card, refreshed everything, even bought a new phone! 

Need Help? Let's chat.