cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So when trying to log in l get the message saying my password is incorrect which is crap. Now I'm left waiting for PM to send me the email to reset the password - how long is this going to take? Has PM been hacked and passwords changed? Why doesn't PM start giving proper service or is their intent to drive people to voodoo ( which no word of a lie a PM manager recommended!) Or delis?

18 REPLIES 18

bradholroyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should still try with your phone's incognito mode after clearing cashe for the PM website. 

If the password reset link doesn't appear within 5 minutes you may have to message a mod to manually send a link - the same issue happened to me, but they were able to resolve it quite quickly. 

@Bj2001 are you in the States and do you have a roaming addon?

Bj2001

I am super cheesed off with crappy PM. They are good in Canada and then go to pot once you leave Canada. Nothing but aggregation with them and the moderator system. They don't blush when they take my money for reasons but don't give a toss about supplying the paid for services. 

Btw l know who owns Telus Koodoo and crappy PM 

@Bj2001 You can also use 611 from your phone, or from another phone to do such things as apply payment etc. Please see usage link here. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352#M20315

When you are off the road and have access to WiFi and a computer then fix your self service account .

@Bj2001 wrote:

as indicated I only have my phone as I'm on the road. Reset doesn't work and the password that finally came in from the moderator doesn't either. PM sucks big times!

Bj2001

as indicated I only have my phone as I'm on the road. Reset doesn't work and the password that finally came in from the moderator doesn't either. PM sucks big times!

(threads merged)

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus owns Public Mobile and Koodo, so not that surprising that a PM manager would recommend them!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bj2001 wrote:

So when trying to log in l get the message saying my password is incorrect which is crap. Now I'm left waiting for PM to send me the email to reset the password - how long is this going to take? Has PM been hacked and passwords changed? Why doesn't PM start giving proper service or is their intent to drive people to voodoo ( which no word of a lie a PM manager recommended!) Or delis?

@Bj2001 If email didn't arrive, then click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Bj2001 That's a simple protection mechanism. If you are a real account holder, try Forget Password button. If still no success, contact moderators: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions, OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Bj2001 wrote:

Bravo PM

@Bj2001  I'm sure all the hackers are saying the same thing. Try dialing 611 from your phone.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Bj2001., wow, do I sense some hostility or angry issues with Public Mobile! Eeck! My sensitive ears! Kidding aside, you must have done your research before joining Public Mobile. There are no retail locations although, I have seen one Public Mobile kiosk in my mall in BC) because that's how they run things wit Public Mobile. The costs are low because the only service you will get is the Community Forum or the moderators. 

But, overall, the Community Forum will get your issue resolved unless, it's a technical or profile issue, the moderators have no choice but to step in. Typically, if you say you forgot your password, they will send an automatic text message or email message within seconds. So, maybe the email that 'you,' type in was incorrect, and hence the text or email is bouncing around in no-where space!  

I looked to see how long you have been with Public Mobile, and it says November 2018, so, am trouble why you are 'up-in-arms' with Public Mobile. You know the drill. I have a trade secret to tell you, 'Koodo is a part of the Telus Corporation, which also owns Public Mobile, so noooooo voodooo for you!'

iliusfaisal

It is because of entering the wrong passwords multiple times. it is for the the security

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bj2001 wrote:

Lol, l only have this phone 

I have the Samsung browser, Chrome and Firefox on my phone.

But the password reset is finicky for some folks.

As for trying what you think to be the password again and waiting the hour...use the suggestions mentioned. Browsers build up all kinds of clutter over time. And then add-ons and extension stuff that people add. And then wait the hour.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bj2001 

That is PM security system to prevent hacker from keeping trying different password.

Do something else and try to login in later.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bj2001 

PM reset password link on the login page is working.

I just tried it and I received the reset email within 1 minutes.

I am using Chrome on WIndoes 10.

Try again and let us know your result.

Bj2001

Bravo PM

Bj2001

Lol, l only have this phone 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.