cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

haileefernn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot log into my self serve account. 

29 REPLIES 29

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. And before I wrote I tried it either way. I wonder what happened with your first try? Odd.

It must have been the luck of the draw for me yesterday. Thanks for confirming that either way works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@puynungc69 wrote:

last question: since this is happened to me a number of times, i wonder if i really ought to be with public mobile. i'll try all u suggested but i am seriously wonderng if i should change server as this on-line help has been exhausting. so much easier to call for help. i'm thinking about changing to KOODO. do i have to get PMobile to unlock my phone to change over to Koodo? do u know anything like that? as well, can I keep my own simcard or do i have to use Koodos?

You've been here 9 years. How often have you needed to get something fixed?

Your phone will work with Koodo. You need a Koodo SIM. If you don't transfer/port your number you can keep this account alive every ~4 months. But then you'd need a new number at Koodo. If you port out then everything here is gone and the SIM is dead.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@puynungc69 wrote:

last question: since this is happened to me a number of times, i wonder if i really ought to be with public mobile. i'll try all u suggested but i am seriously wonderng if i should change server as this on-line help has been exhausting. so much easier to call for help. i'm thinking about changing to KOODO. do i have to get PMobile to unlock my phone to change over to Koodo? do u know anything like that? as well, can I keep my own simcard or do i have to use Koodos?

If a phone works at Public, it works at Koodo. There's no need to unlock.

puynungc69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

puynungc69

thank you. i'll try all that you suggested and i'll let u know if it's succesful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyLuck wrote:

Just to be explicit...it doesn't matter. 🙂

Thanks for confirming that for me.  I was doubting myself. I tried adding vouchers yesterday with 611 and it was just silence on the other end. I tried a few times with 611 and no go and then I tried *611 and it worked right away. I had sworn I had always used 611 before to.

Hmm. And before I wrote I tried it either way. I wonder what happened with your first try? Odd.

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoyLuck wrote:

@puynungc69 wrote:

i can dial 611 -even if my phone is deactivated?

Just to be explicit dial *611 not 611

Thanks for confirming that for me.  I was doubting myself. I tried adding vouchers yesterday with 611 and it was just silence on the other end. I tried a few times with 611 and no go and then I tried *611 and it worked right away. I had sworn I had always used 611 before to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyLuck wrote:

@puynungc69 wrote:

Just to be explicit dial *611 not 611

@puynungc69 wrote:

Just to be explicit, dial *611 not 611

Anonymous
Not applicable

@puynungc69 wrote:

Depends. Try it. Then think about online vouchers or online instant top-up or going out to many stores for vouchers or a few stores for instant top-up.

That'll get your service going anyway. You would still want to get in to your account to make the changes you wanted.

puynungc69

puynungc69

thank you for all your help! 

@puynungc69 

Adding to what @Anonymous posted above you can go to one of these stores and purchase a voucher to add to your account by dialing *611 from your phone. Some vouchers take up to  24 hours to activate. I have bought vouchers from Shoppers Drug Mart and those are instant. London Drugs can add money to your account right at the cash registers. As for adding your new credit card only the moderators can help you with that if you cannot access self service.

vouchers.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@puynungc69 wrote:

i have to write stuff down and not remember where i wrote it either. i think i should take a photo of whatever i write down.  611 has no pin. and iv been with public for 9 yrs, so cannot retrieve it in the archives, doesn't go that far back. i'm stuck.

You said you had no service. You could buy a voucher online from recharge.com and redeem in the 611 service. You could also reactivate the account using instant top-up in some stores. If you have a number originating from Public Mobile then you could try the online instant top-ups like xoom.com. But not if you ported the number in.

Then at least you'd have service.

Do you have that original welcome email from here? 9 years. Impressive.

@puynungc69  I received your private message. The other person @JoyLuck didn't mean to private message me. They meant private message the moderators from the link I posted.

Here is the link again. This goes to the moderators who work for Public Mobile. When you write them you should include your name, the phone number , the address on file, maybe the last 4 digits of the credit card on file. They will then write you back asking for more information to confirm your identity. I understand you don't remember much but I'm sure they can figure away to get you access to your account again.

So please click this link to write them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will write back to your private inbox. Top rightish the envelop.Standard time frame is 24/48 hours but usually they're quicker.

@puynungc69 wrote:

i have to write stuff down and not remember where i wrote it either. i think i should take a photo of whatever i write down.  611 has no pin. and iv been with public for 9 yrs, so cannot retrieve it in the archives, doesn't go that far back. i'm stuck.

Use the link @Jb456 posted above. The moderators will assist you.

puynungc69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@puynungc69 wrote:

can they not call me? although i have no service.

this is impossible when i cannot remember anything

Sounds like with your memory y'gotta write stuff down.

If you still have the phone that you first activated on, you might find the PIN in your texts from 611. Or also maybe in your SIM messages. Or if you transferred all your text history. Or if you backed it all up somewhere.

If you still have your welcome email from when you activated then the account number would be embedded in the To:.

@puynungc69 public mobile support is all done online. No call center. Click link below to private message moderators.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

puynungc69

can they not call me? although i have no service.

this is impossible when i cannot remember anything

puynungc69

my memory is horrendous. i don't remember my pin. it's been so many years that i ever used it

@puynungc69 wrote:

but to get a ticket-- you have to remember your account number, which i forgot.

what do i do, if i forget my email username passwrd account number???? i cannot log in or get a ticket.

Account number is not needed to open a ticket. If you do not know your self serve login, the 4 digit PIN is enough to confirm for the moderators that the account is yours.

puynungc69

but to get a ticket-- you have to remember your account number, which i forgot.

what do i do, if i forget my email username passwrd account number???? i cannot log in or get a ticket.

@haileefernn you can contact customer support here

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@haileefernn wrote:

When I try resetting my password, I get a notification that my username does not match up. When I try creating an account, it says my phone number is already registered with an account. 

You'll need to follow the instructions provided earlier for contacting a moderator.

As for upgrading your plan, an immediate plan change would be required if you want data to start working again. However, you'll want to remember that there will be no refund of the unused days of the old plan, and if you ever decide to swtich back to your old plan, it might not be available in the future. The other option would be to purchase a data add-on. 1GB can be purchased for $15.

haileefernn

When I try resetting my password, I get a notification that my username does not match up. When I try creating an account, it says my phone number is already registered with an account. 

haileefernn

I would like to upgrade my plan and add more data onto my phone. However, I cannot log into my self serve account to do so. I cannot remember any of my log in information. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@haileefernn Try resetting your password from this link: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If you are unable to reset your password, please contact the moderator team. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@haileefernn wrote:

I cannot log into my self serve account. 

First, wait about an hour before trying again as you might have temporarily locked yourself out by trying too many times.

Your password can be reset by going to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/ .

If that doesn't work, you'll need to open a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

Need Help? Let's chat.