cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked voicemail

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm in Mexico and got locked out of my voicemail. Is there a way to unlock it before I get back to Canada?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I searched "locked voicemail" above and found a thread from 2016 where someone discovered that putting ones phone into suspend and replacing the SIM did this. I don't imagine you replaced the SIM but did you do the suspend phone feature?

@troyfy wrote:

Obviously neither of those options will work if I've been locked out of my voicemail

@troyfy  Since you are in Mexico maybe you can ask the Moderator if they can give you access to your VM since you can't reset the VM password. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

Obviously neither of those options will work if I've been locked out of my voicemail

What plan are you on?

What does the thing say when you try?

You're *supposed* to be able to get into the voicemail from a different phone after resetting the password in the self-serve. After doing so, are you trying your 10 digit phone number as the password?

troyfy

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can check your Voicemail in two ways:

• From your phone dial your phone number or press and hold 1, enter your    password and follow the prompts.

• From a land line or other mobile phone dial your phone number, press Star key (*), then enter your password and follow the prompts.

troyfy

I reset it online, but it still wanted me to call from my own number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

I'm in Mexico and got locked out of my voicemail. Is there a way to unlock it before I get back to Canada?

Is your service still active? Maybe you're on a limited minutes plan? I haven't heard about being locked out of voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.