cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out

Yellowknifer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am locked out of my online account ... can't even reset via "Forgot password" link ... please help!

13 REPLIES 13

@Naepalm wrote:
@computergeek541isnt it confusing when the moderator team is Public Mobile employees saying or proposing actions that you guys have been told not to do? Is there like a guide on how to direct a customer or has it evolved over years of involvement?

Public Mobile doesn't want customers to contact moderators by sending a private message.   It adds not only extra response time because officially at least, these messages are given a lower queue priority, but also because the moderator needs to then send a verification link.  When a ticket is submitted through SIMon, the account verification is done adhead of time.

Public Mobile doesn't even want customers to be told the easiest way to open a ticket. The easiest way is to go for a customers who is being replied to is to advise the custoemer to go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and then type in the single shortened word of "rep".  Public Mobile hates it when customers do that because it doesn't allow them to collect statistical information about the ticket. I personally don't agree that bypassing SIMon leads to incorrectly categorized tickets because when a customers bypasses all the clutter in SIMon, the customers is ask to select the correct category. I see SIMon as a way to filter out unnecessary tickets. Unfortunately, when already knows that a moderator is needed, this only frustrates the customer.

Officially, Public Mobile wishes for members to let other customers to know to go to https:/publicmobile.ada.support/chat or click on the question mark but then to type in questions or comments about what is needed.  Unfortunately, this leads customers to say to themselves "then what", and I've always felt this to be an incomplete answer.

When I see most people who illustrated macros informing people how to open a ticket, the word "human" is usually used. I beleive this is sometimes an attempt at humour, but it actually adds an extra step to opening the ticket (more mouse clicks then just "rep"). 

The question might gets asked how a customers can open a ticket using SIMon when the self serve password isn't known. When selecting the categories for forgotten self serve password, the ticketing process doesn't ask for the self serve password but asks for account PIN instead.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nykeen123 

@Nykeen123 wrote:

Need help

Hi what help do you need????    Please be more specific.

@Nykeen123what can we help you with? Best to open a new thread for your question with a description of your problem.

@computergeek541 isnt it confusing when the moderator team is Public Mobile employees saying or proposing actions that you guys have been told not to do? Is there like a guide on how to direct a customer or has it evolved over years of involvement?

Nykeen123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need help

@Luddite wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello@Yellowknifer

Please contact Moderators on private messages.

Here is how to private message:
1. Sign in or register in the Community.
2. Click on the Envelope icon in the top right corner.
3. You can see all your private messages here. To create a new one, select "New Message".
4. You will need the username of the person you'd like to private message - then fill in the Subject and Body.
5. Hit Send!

Public Mobile team

@CS_Agent Why are you suggesting opening a ticket via private message rather that via SIMon?

The private message will also add an unnecessary authentication step. When someone opens a forgot password ticket, the customer's PIN number is asked for authentication. This eliminates the need for the moderator to sending an addtional private message for authentication to the customers and for the the customers to reply.

@Yellowknifer or just click on

@CS_Agent 

scroll down and select "send this user a private message"

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:

@Luddite oh holding the Mods feet to the fire 🔥...LOL 🙂

I assume you just want to understand why they would do this? 

We were told by PM to use SIMon in order to categorize.the issues so that moderator team can work on the urgent issues first.  I guess PM wants us to train moderator too. LOL.

@Luddite oh holding the Mods feet to the fire 🔥...LOL 🙂

I assume you just want to understand why they would do this? 

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello@Yellowknifer

3. You can see all your private messages here. To create a new one, select "New Message".
4. You will need the username of the person you'd like to private message - then fill in the Subject and Body.
5. Hit Send!

Public Mobile team

@CS_Agent Why are you suggesting opening a ticket via private message rather that via SIMon?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@Yellowknifer

5. Hit Send!

Public Mobile team

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.