cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of the self-service portal

mwandel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New user here.

I created my account on Saturday, and as always carefully chose an obscure password and noted it down exactly.  I can not log in.  It rejects my password.  OK, it's marginally possible that I miscopied it, so I try the "forgot password" route.  It accepts my login (i.e. email) then asks the correct (custom) security question, then gives a generic uninformative error along the lines of "Something went wrong.  Please log out and back in".

This is not a good start.  How do I get this fixed?

Markus

5 REPLIES 5

mwandel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Actually what helped is going back to the computer and browser that I created the account on (and auto-saved the password).  It's possible that I got mixed up in the portal/community thing or misnoted the password.  Changed it to something else just to be safe.  I don't dare try the "lost password recovery" thing again.  It didn't work at all; failed after answering the security question.

@ladybearbc wrote:

I found I was locked out at one point and found I had to go through my account - then I could get into the community area - which required a different log in.

Seems a little complicated

The self serve account and the community account are two totally different animals.  That is why each have their own login.  The only linkage is the email address which should be identical so that participation based rewards in the community forum can be associated back to an online account. 

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I found I was locked out at one point and found I had to go through my account - then I could get into the community area - which required a different log in.

Seems a little complicated

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try to clear your web browser cache or use another web browser. You can also try to use incognito mode or private mode with your browser. 

I had similar issue before using Google chrome browser. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.