cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of self serve password reset email link not working

Ricki789
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried to reset my self serve password with an email link and the link was broken or expired. I am now locked out if my account. How can I have my account password reset? I'm trying put an add on on my plan. 

7 REPLIES 7

kasbaret

Go to private messages and send a message to a moderator. They will respond in messages with a temp password. Once you log back in, you can change the password to something else. They do no answer  right away so give it an hour and check your messages. 

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had this experience for a different site, so what finally worked is 

- reset password and remember last password

- wait 24 hours because even when the password reset, the account was still on lock-hold 

I'm sorry you're having a hard time as it's very frustrating not being able to get into your account, but hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Best of luck!

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not glad, but interesting to see I'm not the only one who cant log into self-serve.

I've had ongoing discussions with a variety of mods and so far not one has been able to help they all keep repeating the same thing and then I repeat the same thing and nothing is getting solved and now I see others being locked out of self-serve.

Literally from one day to the next and can't login. I also attempted to reset my pw countless times to bo avail. Even mods reset my pw for me and still ain't working. 

The latest suggestion is to attempt to log in using a pc,tablet or laptop and I dont have either of them. I do want a new pc, but I dont have $1000 for a new o e right now and I don't need a tablet either,let alone buying one in the Hope's of being able to login to self-serve would be preposterous to say the least.

Really getting fed up cause it makes no sense and then I say to myself if there was an "APP" I'd most likely wouldn't have this issue let along two separate logins which can easily be implemented,but I doubt pm wants to spent a cent having one created  I think it should be up to the members to decide if they would want an app or not. I know I would use it.

I dont really want or expect a comment that won't solve anything I'm simply venting a little after responding to the above complaint.....

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try clicking on Forgot password again. Hopefully you’ll get a new active link.

Ricki789

I've done this already and still no help 

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541: maybe this could be moved up to the main area.

Done

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ricki789 wrote:

I've tried to reset my self serve password with an email link and the link was broken or expired. I am now locked out if my account. How can I have my account password reset? I'm trying put an add on on my plan. 

@Ricki789 

If you have a payment card registered then you can use the 611 service to add money and then buy add-ons. Or you can deposit money in via vouchers also in the 611 service.

As for the password, you'll need to contact the moderators using the ? symbol chatbot in the lower right. There are tricks to get into some kind of form like typing human and such but it's quite ridiculous. Just try to force it to figure itself out to get you to a form to fill in.

Thanks computergeek541

Need Help? Let's chat.