cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account

ChaosPanic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In trying to log in to update my credit card info (expiry change), I got locked out my account.  The password reset is not working.  Please help!

10 REPLIES 10

AngeeDee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think my Visa card update did not go through due to power and wifi outages.

That of course is NOT PM fault, but I was frustrated trying to resolve the problem mostly because I could not speak to anyone and was locked out my account when trying to self serve .

Anyway, as of this morning , Public Mobile sorted everything out for me and I’ve got full use of my phone again. 

Thanks!

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AngeeDee wrote:

No. I’ve tried calling 611 and it connects but there are no prompts to fix this issue.

@AngeeDee.so..no service at all?was your plan up for renewal?did you have autopay enabled?..did you miss your payment date?...lots of questions...

AngeeDee

No. I’ve tried calling 611 and it connects but there are no prompts to fix this issue.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AngeeDee wrote:

I’m locked out too. Very frustrating not being able to talk to someone at PM after being with them for many years.

I bet I won’t have problem resolved and phone working before Christmas.

@AngeeDee do you still have service?

AngeeDee

I’m locked out too. Very frustrating not being able to talk to someone at PM after being with them for many years.

I bet I won’t have problem resolved and phone working before Christmas.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChaosPanic

The credit card update does not work.  Try delete the old record and add the same credit card with the new expiry date.  Good luck.

ChaosPanic

Thanks for all the information! 

@RobertQc wrote:

In the meantime, if you need to renew or purchase your plan/add-on very quickly so that your plan does not expire, you can submit a payment through the Automated Service IVR (More information, please see the How Can I Pay For My Service? article).

The problem we have with paying is we are on AutoPay and our CC expiry changed since the last payment; the automated system won't let us update it. 

ChaosPanic

Yes, too many tries did it in.  I have PM'd the @CS_Agent.  Thanks.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChaosPanic wrote:

In trying to log in to update my credit card info (expiry change), I got locked out my account.  The password reset is not working.  Please help!

Did you tried too many times to login to your account and the system locked you out?

You may need to send a private message to moderator for help.  Moderator wait time is about 48 - 72 hours.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ChaosPanic wrote:

@ChaosPanicyou need to contact the moderator team Click this to send the moderator team a message and include your name, account number and phone number, pin number, date of birth, mailing address and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

Why is the Self-Serve password reset functionality not working?

There is a known issue that some Community members are unable to reset their password without the help of our Moderator Team.  

What do I do if I‘m unable to reset my password?

In order to fix this problem, please contact a moderator. From there, they’ll be able to reset the password.

There are couple of ways you can contact our Community Moderators:

1. Private Messaging: You can do this by searching for our unique Community Moderator’s profile avatar then, on the right-side of their profile, click on “Send this user a private message”

In the meantime, if you need to renew or purchase your plan/add-on very quickly so that your plan does not expire, you can submit a payment through the Automated Service IVR (More information, please see the How Can I Pay For My Service? article).

Need Help? Let's chat.