cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account

TravisMiller94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was recently stolen & my email was logged in. Whoever stole my phone changed my email password and changed all my passwords for my accounts for things such as my public mobile account. I'm just looking for a way to suspend or lock my account as I'm still paying for my phone but can't login to my account to lock it

11 REPLIES 11

@TravisMiller94  The two credit bureaus you must call in Canada are transunion 1 800 663 9980 and Equifax 1 888 202 4025 choose option 6 to get a live agent ( this was tricky to get a live agent and not a maze of recordings) . This is one of the rare times you must give up your SIN#  and you need to know your former employers, addresses, years of employment etc...its a long list... questionnaire  they go thru for the 7 year fraud alert. You must give them a secure phone number to call you or any credit card company to check if you have applied for credit. If they can't reach you it's denied. You could always pick a family members ph # for now and update it later once you can secure or change your ph #.  Also as I did...i had my email completely removed from the bank and my phone # only accessible to bank employees in house not online and absolutely no info is given out over the phone even to me with my pin#. At the bank only with 2 pieces of Id.

@TravisMiller94  I feel for you...do you have a 3 digit pin for phone banking? If so you may be able to access and put a hold on your accounts that way as well as disable your online banking. When you call your bank say the reason for your call is fraud. It's easier to disable it and ask ghat they only verify you with 2 pieces of id in the bank.  That will stop any immeadiate risk. And get on to the credit bureaus...starting one day after my purse was stolen....26 different credit cards and one phone contract were applied for in the following 6 weeks.

TravisMiller94

I did have a passcode, I lost my phone New Year's Eve and I'm assuming someone I knew at the party must have it but I have no way to prove it. If I can get into my email, I can find out their number because they linked their phone to my email but that's all I can see. Unfortunately I may be out of luck 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I take it you did not have a lock password or fingerprint on your phone? 

TravisMiller94

I'm working on getting my bank accounts cancelled & I can't change any of my passwords for anything because I use 2 emails and both passwords were changed so I have no way to verify password changes unfortunately. I'm working on getting my main email back but just depends on if google will believe it's actually me trying to get back into it. 

@TravisMiller94  You should be more worried about identity theft than just getting your number back.

First thing contact your bank(s) and and all other online sites that you deal with and change all passwords plus 2FA setups immediately.

Good luck you are going to need it!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No praying required.  However, a bit of patience would be helpful. 

TravisMiller94

Thanks so much!! I'm hoping I can get back in with this help , let's pray 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TravisMiller94  Best thing is to immeadiately contact the moderators and verify yourself. Hopefully you know your pin as that's one of the only things not accessible on your account to the thief. To contact the moderators  click on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type rep or human  and follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators.  This could be a few hours you could also private message them due to the urgency and hope you get lucky with faster service. Type @CS_Agent  in the send bar...stole phone account compromise...in the subject bar and then explain the issue. Give your full name, address, pin #, original email, phone number and last 4 digits of your credit card, payment amt  and date. 

IF YOU HAVE NOT CONTACTED YOUR BANK AND CREDIT CARD COMPANY (S) DO SO IMMEADIATELY! Follow that with putting a fraud alert with transunion and Equifax today! As a victim of attempted identity theft you have lost the two things that prevented me from losing everything rather than just my purse. Good luck to you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> click on chat with Simon - on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.