cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Phone

DLorenz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I set up accounts for my whole family. Now my husband has somehow locked himself out of his phone and needs someone at Public Mobile to reset it. His phone number is xxxxxxxxxxx. I don't know what email I used for him (because we normally share an email address) or his password. I also can't remember one answer from my security questions. My number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Maybe someone could text me and I could verify that it's okay to unlock his phone?

It has something to do with a PUK number?

edtied by computergeek541: phone numbers removed

4 REPLIES 4

Jukebox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PUK

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@DLorenz wrote:

Hi, I set up accounts for my whole family. Now my husband has somehow locked himself out of his phone and needs someone at Public Mobile to reset it. His phone number is xxxxxxxxxxx. I don't know what email I used for him (because we normally share an email address) or his password. I also can't remember one answer from my security questions. My number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Maybe someone could text me and I could verify that it's okay to unlock his phone?

It has something to do with a PUK number?

To regain access to your self serve accounts, you'll need to open ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

and type "forgot password". As you don't know the self serve credentials, you'll need the account PIN.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Erase personal information.

Screenshot_20200904_223355.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.