cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Account

Jasper13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am trying to access my account and seems to have locked myself out.

Tried to request a password reset and received no email so I tried again and it failed with the locked out message requiring me to ask a moderator for help.

Please advise.

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

@Jeebez wrote:

I have been locked out of my account.  The security question would not work, even though I entered the correct answer.  No I am locked out.  Please help.

Since your security question answer isn't working, you will need to contact the moderators:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jeebez

I have been locked out of my account.  The security question would not work, even though I entered the correct answer.  No I am locked out.  Please help.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marcioandjojo  Please use the link I provided just before your post to send a private message to the moderators.

marcioandjojo

I have the same issue, can someone please help?

SD08

@Sammyg1982 wrote:

How can I get my account unlocked 

@Sammyg1982 

If you've tried the password reset and it didn't work, then you'll need assistance from the Moderator_Team via private message.

Sammyg1982

How can I get my account unlocked 

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Oooh look the gods are warring. 🙂 I hope we peasants don't get any collateral damage.

I don't often LOL, but I literally LOL...

Sorry for the tangent -- but for anyone where the "Forgot your password?" tool isn't working, would you have another e-mail account (preferrably with a different domain) that you could try changing your account to, and seeing if things start to work?  You can always change it back.  This would perhaps give some indication as to whether the system is failing on the email address, or the account itself.  Who knows, perhaps when you change back to your original e-mail address, it'll magically fix the system?

I would do the test myself, but the tool works on all my accounts...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is all a ridiculous argument over semantics and the experienced functioning (or not) of this system.

NDesai: Yes. It works for you. It works for SD08. It works for me. But we know it doesn't work for everyone (not just stonechucker). Therefore, to be helpful to the unknowing customer perhaps it would be wise to provide the disclaimer/proviso.

SD08

Since there are still some instances when the password reset has not worked, perhaps it's best to use words along this line when helping customers (a proviso as z10user4 suggests):

"If you've tried the password reset function and it didn't work, then you'll need the assistance of the Moderator Team...(etc.)...."

@stonechucker wrote:

@NDesai, how can you say it is working, or not broken, when it doesn’t work for everyone?  The functionality still doesn’t work for me, and @Alan_K has confirmed the tech team does not see the system sending out an email to me when I try it.

The fact that it doesn’t work for everyone, simply means it is still broken.

I have two accounts. One has hotmail and one has gmail. These are the most popular email provider most people use today. Since i have no problem receiving reset password email on them, i am pretty darn confident to say that the password reset function works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooh look the gods are warring. 🙂 I hope we peasants don't get any collateral damage.

will13am: it's not broken for all so I suggest a proviso

NDesai, stonechucker: it doesn't work for all so I suggest a proviso

SD08: it works for me too as it does for NDesai but it doesn't work for all so I suggest a proviso

I don't call it globally broken. It *can* work. It just might not. Thus I recommend the proviso. The credit card screen is not broken...it's just finicky and troublesome for some. The disappearance of add-ons and no more reporting of them is not broken...it's just how the system works.

But again...for the purposes of this thread title and OP...moot.

@NDesai, how can you say it is working, or not broken, when it doesn’t work for everyone?  The functionality still doesn’t work for me, and @Alan_K has confirmed the tech team does not see the system sending out an email to me when I try it.

The fact that it doesn’t work for everyone, simply means it is still broken.

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Jasper13, the password reset function is broken.  The moderator team is what you need to perform the password reset.  

Nope, still works fine. 

Not so helpful if it doesn't work for OP.  

But don't say it's broken. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Jasper13, the password reset function is broken.  The moderator team is what you need to perform the password reset.  

Nope, still works fine. 

Yes, I can confirm as I tested it twice in the last few minutes.  Once to change it, and once more to change it back.  Both times, I received the reset e-mail within a minute, and both links functioned to actually change the password.

Agree with you both but we also know it doesn't seem to want to work for some. So I would give that proviso.

Also, if the account is saying locked out then forget about it...which is the subject of this thread.

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Nope, still works fine. 

Yes, I can confirm as I tested it twice in the last few minutes.  Once to change it, and once more to change it back.  Both times, I received the reset e-mail within a minute, and both links functioned to actually change the password.

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Nope, still works fine. 

Not so helpful if it doesn't work for OP.  

@will13am wrote:

Nope, still works fine. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasper13, the password reset function is broken.  The moderator team is what you need to perform the password reset.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.